“It was the perfect choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro

You added Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19311 NW Cornell Road, Hillsboro, OR 97124 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Hillsboro
Collinsville, Connecticut
“It was the perfect choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were a group of 8, in Hillsboro for a week to do some volunteer work, and very happy to find the Extended Stay America had kitchen facilities and a full-sized refrigerator, so we could cut down on expenses by cooking meals ourselves. We couldn't have made a better choice. Clean, comfortable rooms; friendly, helpful staff; super clean laundry room with plenty of machines; bright and airy and so close to many retail businesses. Thank you Hadar and Kathleen and the maintenance man who responded so quickly when a light bulb blew--good service by people who really wanted our stay to be a success for us. We love the way this hotel sets things up--housekeeping once a week and if you need anything in between times, just appear at the front desk and they will help you out. Who needs their sheets changed every day--no one does that at home, do they? Less coddling for a better price on a nice room--what could be better? Loved our stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Nothing makes me happier than to see that we were able to accomplish our goals in giving you a great stay at our location and providing you with the service that you would expect and deserve. I will absolutely share you comments with Kathy and Mike as I know they will appreciate it. I sincerely hope that your travels will bring you back to your "home away from home" again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend in July 2013. The staff was very helpful and the room was more than adequate. Everything worked and was in fairly good condition. The bathroom was a bit cramped and had a few weird 'features' (bathtub flexed while standing in it..) but otherwise no problem. The breakfast was not particularly inspiring, but the idea is that you've got a kitchen anyway so why do you need a breakfast as well? One minor complaint; there aren't enough dishes and silverware provided -- I think I had two or three spoons and a couple coffee cups and plates. You do have a dishwasher but it seemed ridiculous to run it with only 4 things.

Hotels are unnecessarily expensive in Hillsboro so this is a (relative) good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am so glad that our staff provided you with helpful service and that you liked your room overall. Still, I am sorry that our grab-and go breakfast as well as the number of kitchen items we provide in each guest room did not meet your expectations. Please know, as we continue to make improvements to our hotel, we will definitely keep this feedback in mind.

I hope that we will be seeing you again in future. Please also remember that we will be remodeling this coming fall/winter in an effort to bring you even more comfort and value.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went to Hillsboro for a wedding and needed a clean, safe place to stay while in the area, got both. Hotel staff was pleasant, place was clean, but our room was a bit shabby, but NOT dirty, not confusing the two. Recliner chair had seen better days, shower handle kept coming off, toilet didn't flush very well at times, glass microwave plate was missing so had to improvise and there was only three of everything even though we were a family of four: plates, utensils, etc. All we had to do was ask to get what we needed, and staff were very accomodating. Overall an average experience.

Room Tip: Only one elevator in a large, 3 story building. If you need an elevator, you should stay in rooms cl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Sara - I want to thank you for staying with us. The staff and I are committed to providing a great fresh room at a great value to all of our guests to enjoy. With that in mind I am very happy to be able to tell you that we are scheduled for a major renovation this fall. I hope to see you here again when its complete. As well, congrats to the wedding couple!
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We live here for my husband business the company book for us a month and months ,we are there last year from March at that time we did not happy with so many thing .We are non-smoker -like to stay top floor ,is kind of problems 3th FL is smoking and non-smoking room 1/2 to 1/2 .However we move a lot of room when we stay there last year  The staff is friendly people they let us move a till comfortable .Yes really need to change some in the hotel [ESP. Carpet ] we stay there 6 month 2012 depend of my husband work .This year we are back  recent stay at this hotel as usual the staff is so friendly is make you great stay ,since we check out from last year and this year is a lot of change we have brand new mattress- bed sheet -No smelling room but I miss some old stuff I used to see last yr. they are so nice; so friendly  and more experience about guest [ mean: they know what you need ].So close to every things shopping -restaurant -a lot of thing to do .They have been remodel recently .If you’re not happy just asked they will make you happy to stay there  .Yes door slam in the night time and morning because most guest are not nice ,they don’t know how to shut the door ?? My ratting 5 star for front stuff and management’s, the cleaning need more training .Yes this is our travelling home …

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here in June 2013. It was a perfect home base for us while we visited family. (We actually stayed here 4 years ago.) The staff is friendly, the location is good - close to restaurants and main roads around Hillsboro and the west side of Beaverton. I thought that the rooms were clean, flooring newer, but the lounge chair and cabinetry had been well used since our last trip. Also know that the coffee bar (breakfast) isn't much of anything, but Starbucks is next door, and Whole Foods and Safeway are close to stock the mini kitchen. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at our location. Its great to be able to share these comments with my associates. I do want to mention that we will be going through a remodel later on this coming fall. We all look forward to having you stay with us again and hope to provide you with an even more enjoyable stay here.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Save yourself the trouble and the creepy crawly feeling that will inevitably keep you up all night. Do not book a room here. Imagine 1970's slum Motel. Torn up & stained furniture and carpet. Crappy cheap bed with old stained covers. Pulled down the sheets to see hair on sheet & black specs. Bed Bugs? I sure didn't want to stay any longer to find out. Toilet seat was dirty. Black hairs stuck into the hand towels and black hairs in bathroom & sink. Every place I looked I saw filth and stains. I do not know how they can pass any health or safety inspection. I had to leave. So Disgusting & Dirty.

• Stayed June 2013
Oregon City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

It's like my 2nd home. I have no doubt that if i come to Oregon again- i will come back!
Few reasons:
1. easy access to my workplace.- 10 mins.
2. Easy access to variety of food.- walking distance.
3. Employees- very helpful. Smile always.
4. internet are doing good. i can always get connected to the source of info that i want.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Its great that our location was so close to your workplace and nearby many local eateries. As well, I am very happy that you found our staff to be helpful, always with a smile on their faces.

I truly hope that we will have an opportunity to have you at our Hotel again in the future. Thank you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro? Share your experiences!