“I'm a regular - Love the Venetian!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Forest Grove, Oregon
“I'm a regular - Love the Venetian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I meet with friends here monthly for lunch, its just a great time with excellent food and service. The lunch specials are always good, the half sandwich with salad is the most popular. Their mango citrus vinaigrette is delicious and the perfect compliment to the apple and pork salad. Flavorful pizzas with fired crust as it should be with interesting toppings choices. The burgers are a little big for lunch, some sliders would be perfect. The atmosphere is very cozy with exposed brick, chandeliers, comfy booths. Its modern meets vintage in downtown. Parking can be tricky, I sometimes have to circle the block once. We appreciate the staff that never hurries us, even when they are packed. We can sit and gab and they still keep refilling our drinks long after the check is paid.

Their website it really helpful for both the cafe and the theater. Check it out!

• Visited March 2012

Eugene, Oregon
“Very, very impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We (I + husband and son) took my mom for her birthday just last week. Hadn't thought to make a reservation (how busy could it be in Hillsboro, right?) but found we'd have a 30-40 minute wait. After about 10" they offered us a table if we wouldn't feel hurried to "eat and run" because the table had to be ready for another reservation in an hour. We thought we could manage that so took it after they made sure they were not pressuring us on the decision.

Our food was served in timely fashion - a Chicken Med. Salad, the Pork & Apple Salad, the Veggie Burger and a Ravioli dinner, and all of it was excellent. There was more than enough so we took home doggie bags. We asked about any birthday dessert for mom and they gave us her meal free (up to ~$15, I think), totally unexpected bonus as we thought it might be just a token cupcake or ice cream.

The waitress was attentive and not the least bit overbearing throughout our dinner in spite of our time commitment.

Wish we lived there (2 hrs away) to visit more often as there were a number of other things on the menu that looked good. Will definitely go again when we're up there. I've dined in many good places around the US on business and this place is good enough to be in my "best" list.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“An unexpected gem in downtown Hillsboro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

My co-worker and I were visiting Intel in HIllsboro, OR on business and the Venetian was recommended to us by an Oregon co-worker. We were both pleasantly surprised that such a lovely restuarant was located in HIllsboro! The bistro is is found in the recently renovated (3 years ago?) Venetian theater, which dates back to the 1930's, I am told. They still show classic films on the weekends, but we were there just for dinner. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and we waited less than 10 minutes for a table to open up (it was Monday evening and the bistro was quite busy at 6:30 p.m.). The bistro is casual, with exposed brick walls, booths as well as tables and a lovely bar. While you are waiting for your table, you can take a look at the vintage movie posters lining the walls and see the original projector used by the theater. The menu offers a nice selection of appetizers, burgers, pizzas, calzones and surf and turf selections, all reasonably priced. I ordered one of the evening specials (a flat-iron steak with a burgundy/mushroom sauce with home-made mashed potatoes and steamed carrots and broccoli - $14.95). The meal included a small salad and fresh rolls. The steak was tender and the sauce was delicious! (My only complaint was that the steak was a little rare for my taste, even though I had ordered it "med/well", but I still ate every bite!). The waiter was extremely personable and attentive, even offering my co-worker and I advice on things to see and do in Portland. I will definitely find my way to this bistro again when I am in town for business the next time!

• Visited October 2011
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Neat little place to eat - unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

The burgers and pizza are good. My favorite is their Wednesday special "Kickin' Chicken". The sandwiches are just okay - bread not as fresh as they advertise. Cocktails are good.
Wait staff nice but a bit snobbish

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Gig Harbor, Washington
“This Bistro exceeded my expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Based on reviews I've read here, we recently stopped for lunch at the Venetian in Hillsboro. It was my first visit to Hillsboro, and I was impressed by the adorable downtown Main Street. We easily found parking in front of the Venetian, and was pleasantly greeted at the door and found a great table near the huge roll-up door/window -- great for people watching. The hostess was very friendly, and our server was knowledgeable and warm.

We ordered the "Ponini" sandwiches. Delicious.. they took a while to make, because they are baked from scratch, but well worth the wait. The menu was varied. If you're looking for fast food, this probably isn't your place, it's really a place to sit and enjoy the surroundings.

Because it's in a vintage building, that is part of an historic theater space, take the time to look around. The theater is gorgeous. It was cold the day were there, so the big roll-up doors were closed in the front, but on a warm day, it's perfect for sidewalk dining. Very impressed...

• 4 of 5 stars Food