“Cute old style motel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Northwestern Motel & RV Park

Northwestern Motel & RV Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Heppner
Northwestern Motel & RV Park
You added Northwestern Motel & RV Park to your Saves list
389 N. Main St., P.O. Box 703, Heppner, OR   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heppner
“Cute old style motel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The motel has themed rooms. We stayed in the Zebra and Country room, preferred the Country. Linens were clean and plenty. Bathrooms are small with a shower only but very functional. Coffee maker, fridge, and microwave, and air conditioning in room. Management excellent and always friendly. Courtyard in the middle of "u" shaped building had seating areas and very clean. Eclectic coffee shop across the street. A breeze to walk main and visit shops. A wonderful pioneer museum across the street! A must see! You can't beat the price, less than $60 tax included. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kent, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night while on a motorcycle ride through central Oregon. After being on the bike for eight hours, one isn't exactly picky, especially with one hotel in Heppner. The hotel has a really unique atmosphere, complete with a breezeway with fountain and picnic table. We enjoyed sitting there, resting, and eating cherries we'd picked up earlier that day. We were initially given a room with a double and twin bed, but the manager was nice enough to switch us to a room with a queen when asked. This switch allowed us to see that each room is uniquely decorated. By "unique" I mean everything from bed spread, and pictures to lap shades (ours had what appeared to be a black feather boa around the edge of the shade). Regardless, the bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked well, and the bathroom was clean. I'm rating this hotel as average because there simply aren't any other hotels in Heppner, and I have stayed in both better and far worse while on rides in the same general area. I wouldn't mind staying here again, but the absence of good restaurants in Heppner will make that unlikely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
PDX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at the Northwestern last night - actually, part of the night. First off, let me say this place is quaint and clean. The rooms are small but the atmosphere is really kitch - a charming nod to the 50s and 60s. We checked in around 6:30 pm. Just before 2 am a couple gals who couldn't hold their liquor began making a lot of noise in the inner courtyard. They were soon joined by two guys (one was a local ranch worker). When the foursome wasn't in their room banging furniture around, they were outside yelling and exchanging epithets. By 2:45 we decided to call the cops. Unfortunately, our cell phone was in our car and the room phone in #31 does NOT work. So, we (my husband, 6-year-old daughter and I) packed up our stuff and left at 3AM. Once in our car we called the local sheriff. So, a note to the Managers, you have a sweet place, but your security is sorely lacking. You should have someone around who can be on top of something like this so lodgers don't have to fend for themselves at 2am. Your in-room phones should be in working order at all times and there should be a number where you can be reached in the middle of then night. 'Nuff said.... it's 12 hours later and I'm ready for a nap.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was working in town so I was staying at the Motel for a week. They were very nice and when I told them I would be late checking in they just told me I would be in room 4 and the key would be on the desk. The bed was very comfortable, I think it may have have a memory foam topper? The bathroom was tiny but sufficiant for my needs and it saved me driving all the way to Hermiston. I went back to Heppner again and this time I stayed in Hermiston because the previous time I ended up driving to hermiston for something to eat anyway. I do think that if I go back up there I will stay at the Northwestern because the 100 miles a day commute is a little much. By the way for lunch go to Murray's they make a great sandwich.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

No up keep, poor maintenance, bugs, noisy,
Slummy, strange I didn't find roaches or hookers though. If u like fire hazards and bugs while you eat,sleep, and enjoy bug bites in the morning this is the place to go.
The only reason they are still around is because there aren't any other places to stay in Heppner.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

What this cozy motel may lack in modern construction, it makes up in character and style. Each room is individually decorated in a fun, but classy theme. We stayed in the Zebra room and we all loved it! And the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. And the kids loved the giant coy fish in the lobby tank. Also nice landscaping in the center courtyard. Great small own experience!

• Stayed November 2011
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Needed to make up some quick, but scenic miles from Idaho back to Seattle, so arrived lare afternoon, hoping there was somewhere to stay in what was just a dot on the map.
The name is a misleading one-it's a delightful, small, u shaped motel which doesn't appear to have changed in years. Its a real throwback to the 50/60's in atmosphere. The rooms are small but perfectly adequate and clean. It is cheap, too. The check in woman was delightful and the few people working there were nice, helpful people too. There was no internet access when I was there, but there is the library opposite, which is bright and run by an alarmingly vivacious woman (she really is a force of nature!), who was very helpful. Highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Northwestern Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!