“Smart stop for food and break on I-5” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Halsey
Cuisines: American
Eugene, Oregon
“Smart stop for food and break on I-5”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

If you have time for more than drive through you should stop at Pioneer Villa open 24/7. Food is what you'd expect from truck stop cafe but varied menu and they will accommodate special requests. You will be eating with locals as well as road warriors and the locals are generally happy to answer questions about what to see and do in the area. Nothing fancy but clean and plentiful enroute to other places.

“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Food was disgusting. Hashbrowns were dry and unedible. French toast was hard. Coffee was warm. Corned beef hash looked like canned dog food dumped on the plate. Service was poor. Will never go back. Prices were way to high for the garbage that was served

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dresden
“The best service of our lives, and the most generous portions, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My partner and I are over the road truck drivers and we drive all over the countryso we get to sample a lot of restaurants. We ordered a veggie omelet and some French toast and we were surprised how much food we were served, and it tasted great. The truly amazing thing about this place was the waitresses and management. I left my purse there and didn't realize it till I was in Ca. I had 3 or 4 credit cards, I.D., and around $140 in cash. When I called them many hours later, they had put my wallet in the safe, took down my address, and priority mailed it to my home. Only taking $5 out to mail it though it costs them $5.90 to mail. I still haven't made it home yet but my mom said it arrived with all the contents. I can't thank them enough! How honest and sweet of them. Bless you guys seriously!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Want good food? Go somewhere else!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

On Sept. 9 I had the displeasure partaking of breakfast.. The Biscuits were less than average, the gravy was tasteless and coffee was average. Service needs to be ramped up considerably.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“For a truck stop, the food here is not bad. Sure, everything is pretty much covered in grease, but don't let that stop...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

For a truck stop, the food here is not bad. Sure, everything is pretty much covered in grease, but don't let that stop you. Plus it's open 24/7 in case you need coffee, or pie, or whatever strikes your fancy, at midnight.

Been to Pioneer Villa? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pioneer Villa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.