“Fresh sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 150 restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: Japanese
“Fresh sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I travel often & can't pass up a good sushi bar. The sushi here was better than average quality with a pretty good price. Lunch time can get very busy but the waiters don't forget about you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Portland, OR, United States
“Great quality, selection, and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently moved to the area and have made this my go to place for a quick lunch. The selection on the conveyor belt is really impressive - there's always a wide variety of rolls, nigiri, and odds and ends such as fruit, edamame, potstickers, and sesame balls. The prices are very reasonable and the quality is generally better than what you'd expect for the price. If you don't see what you like on the belt you can always place an order, and they have a few Bento boxes and entrees as well (I've never ordered though).

Service is always friendly, but level of attentiveness varies depending on how crowded it is. Can occasionally be a little tough to get a refill or the check, though never terribly bad.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gresham, Oregon, United States
“First Time Sushi Eater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I've only had sushi a couple of other times, both from the sushi bar at Fred Meyers (which wasn't bad at all!!). So I don't have anything to compare this with, except that my son's friend took us out for dinner last night and the favorite place of theirs is Sushiville. Decor wise it's very sparse, maybe lacking in "atmosphere" a bit (something I find important along with good food...I like to relax and enjoy my nights where I don't have to cook). Conveyor/"buffet" style of eating was really interesting and kind of fun once you got the hang of LOL I enjoyed watching the food being prepared, but sitting at the bar on those high stools wasn't the most comfortable thing for me. The few booths they had were filled, so my dangling legs got pretty tired reaching for the bars on the stool :( But the food was really pretty good...and the pricing was certainly right! While the portions were just right for me, it seemed like you were able to get so much more because you could keep reaching for the plate of your choice as it came by. The boys all knew what the menu was about, so it was a real learning experience for me. I did find it difficult being left-handed and having someone who was right-handed teach me the art of chopstick using...so I had to give up and beg for a fork LOL I was familiar with California Rolls, so I started with that. It was absolutley delicious! Yakitori chicken was next (the sauce super light with the just the bare nuance of sweet and tart....excellent grilled flavor). Cream cheese filled wantons (had no idea this was a "dessert" of sorts it was so light and airy!)...seared tuna with a light dusting of Panko...it was all so fresh tasting and leaving you with a "clean" palate that it was easy to imagine the fish swimming perhaps that same day. The vegetables were crisp with each one showing off it's own unique flavor. When I reached the point of having my fill, I was surprised to find that I wasn't overstuffed and uncomfortable as is usually the case when eating out (and after eating turkey and all the previous day, this was a really pleasent outcome!) All in all this was a great place with awesome tasting food. Granted, I don't have much to go on since this was pretty much my first time at eating "real" sushi...but I know this will be a favorite place of mine. The idea of eating sushi wasn't big on my list of things to eat, but it was really delicious and I enjoyed it big time :) I will absolutely go back for more (I'll even pick-up some Bento on my way home from work some evening).

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“Not Bad Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My daughter and I have been here a few times, and we went to celebrate her birthday recently. The service isn't bad--it's run by two girls basically working their way through college. Seems like they happened to have a lot of family and friends eating there that particular day, but they were still diligent about their work.

The sushi is pretty average, but not bad. Just make sure you keep an eye on how long things have gone around the belt. We also usually order things to make sure they are fresh.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“great food, regular to bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

the food is great, and the prices are affordable, but the service isn't good.
It takes forever to get a drink refill and when in need of something the wait staff
is never to be found. Also you have to wait forever to get your bill and pay for your dinner.
I will comeback just 'cause the wife loves the food, but not to trilled about the service.