“Greatest Meat - Huge Portions - Fair Price” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 154 Restaurants in Gresham
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: We're a casual, family steakhouse restaurant serving fresh, hand cut mesquite grilled steaks, fall off the bone barbecue ribs and fresh baked rolls. Come as you are and enjoy one of our fresh ground steak burgers or a healthy selection from our bison menu. Start your meal with our signature Texas Egg Rolls or a hearty serving of buffalo wings. Join us for daily Happy Hour and your favorite cold beverages from the Saloon. Experience the rockin' Roadhouse tunes from our jukebox and feel free to throw your peanut shells on the floor!
Sandy, Oregon
“Greatest Meat - Huge Portions - Fair Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Service was average, but the food was great. They were busy but the food got to us quite timely. I will go there again.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

In The Gorge
“Great Service ... With a side of Really good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Keeping in mind that I am a frugal old man and the fact that I generally have to drive 40 miles plus (one way) to find something we would consider taking it up a notch from our normal local fare ... I believe I am a little harder to impress than most folks! I was told that The Grill was a good place for an informal dinner event, that the food was very good and they had really great steaks. It turned out to be a really good choice! We were celebrating my son in law's 25th birthday and he was absolutely pleased with the entire event. My first impression was when I hit the parking lot ... for the first time in quite a while, we found a place that had adequate parking. In fact, by design I'm sure, it would have been hard to park more than a hundred feet from the front door. Now for some folks that may not seem real important but for an old man that often starts out the day tired ... it was great! From the moment we stepped in the front door, the service was amazing. We were greeted, seated and given the option of a wide variety of refreshing drinks before we could take in the real beauty of the country atmosphere surrounding us. Most of us chose (by suggestion from a neighboring table) to try the apparently never ending strawberry lemonade. It was a great choice served in mason jars with the rim coated in sugar crystals. We decided to have a couple pre dinner offerings that were served immediately and by some magic our server (Laramie) had gathered our orders and they were served hot from the kitchen with perfect timing. Every one was pleased with their food ... it was served as ordered (no send backs) and was a perfect reproduction of the picture on the menu. If anything, it was more than expected. We were all wonderfully surprised. I say that because from the moment we walked through the front door, we (eight of us) felt like the entire dining event, from the begining to the birthday boys special dessert, was choreographed to make us feel like we were the most special guests of the evening. I suspect that the other 100 plus guests were having the same great experience.
In the end ... the food was great ... the service was amazing! The entire dining experience costs us (me :) about 20 dollars a plate and that included everything! I was impressed that the tip was not automaticaly added to the bill ( an asumption that often offends me ) ... end result ... a well deserved, generous tip!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We used to be regulars, but a few years ago the economy must have caught up with them. The steaks got cheaper, tougher, fattier, smaller. The overall food product quality dropped. The service depends entirely on who you get.
At least they finally quit charging extra to make one of your 2 sides be a salad. That was ridiculous.

On the upside: kids eat free on Tuesdays, per paid adult entree. Great happy hour with fun drinks and unique appetizers, bar only but from a walloping 2p-7p.
The country-music jukebox is fun, if a bit loud, and there are peanut shells everywhere b/c a bucket o' peanuts comes to each table. (DON'T GO HERE IF YOU HAVE PEANUT ALLERGIES.)

Best thing of all: the yeasty bread rolls with whipped honey butter are served hot from the oven, come free with any order, and are TO DIE FOR. I used to go here for the steak. Now I tolerate the steak but I go for the yeast rolls.

My tip: Fill up on those rolls, take your entree home, and throw a few rolls n' butter in the to-go box too! about 7 seconds in the microwave and they are oven-hot-and-soft once again!

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Caerleon, United Kingdom
“Can be quite busy. Thats always a good sign”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I did like the ribs here and went back a few times during my stay in Gresham. They do very good deals in the bar on food and drink during happy hour. Very friendly and good value for money. I found the food here as good, if not better than the Gresham outback, but this place had a much nicer buzz about it. Its very open and you can see what’s going on around you rather than being hidden away in a booth.

• Visited November 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gladstone, Oregon
“If you like burnt meat go here...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

I have been here 3 or 4 times, everytime the meat has been absolutely charred to a black and burnt crisp on the outside. The "cooks" here are just minimum wage grunts who receive no training whatsoever.