“Great service, food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 150 restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: Italian
Portland, Oregon
“Great service, food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had our office party there last year and decided to do it again because of the convenience. There were 12 of us and we had the little 'cubby' room to ourselves. Service was just great. Food arrived quickly. The servers were personable. We all left happy and full of Christmas spirit. As the host, I used two cards, the company card for the food and my personal card for the few glasses of wine. When I arrived home I was notified by my personal card via e-mail that a charge over $200 had been placed. That would have been okay as I could have been reimbursed easily, but I was horrified that an 'alcohol' charge was put on my not-for-profit faith-based company charge card. I phoned the manager who quickly and easily reversed the card charges. I checked my accounts today and VOILA all is as it should be. That is what I consider excellent customer service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Gresham, OR
“Ok but. . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We ate dinner when one of the all you can eat pasta specials was running. Do not do this if you want to have any type of decent dining experience. It was loud, people were clamoring to order more food, and were stuffing their take out boxes to take home. Terrible experience.

Our food was good, but as always, laden with extra calories and fat. It is hard for us to eat at Olive Garden because of the unhealthy nature of most of their entrees. The salad and bread sticks were good and we were encouraged to order as much of these as we wanted.

Good house wine and reasonable wine list was available. We were pleased with their house red and we are fussy wine drinkers. Score good points in this area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cold Lake, Alberta
“dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

it was busy and we felt very rushed. The breadsticks were dripping with so much butter you couldn't pick them up without leaving a trail across the table

Visited October 2013
Hood River, Oregon
“Getting better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This OG had been going down hill fast. Most of that has improved. IMHO the best times to visit is well after the rush( 2 pm or 8 pm) if you like hot food and better service. Menu has improved and service is better also.

If you go in the off times DON'T let the seat you in the out of the way areas but sit in the main dining room.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A very typical Olive Garden, however, I was in the area for business, didn't want fast food and there was an Olive Garden. I went in for an early supper. They had an excellent staff, very friendly and helpful. The waitress did a great job, and really made my meal enjoyable. Food was great as well.

Visited August 2013