“Comfortable, Clean & Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Burbank, Illinois
“Comfortable, Clean & Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was quite a pleasant visit. The price was excellent. The bed was super comfortable! The decor is a bit old but the rooms are clean. The location is perfect. We went to Mt. Hood, Vancouver, WA & to the Oregon coast during our stay. Becky has such a pleasant demeanor and makes you feel welcome each time you arrive. She is the type of person that exemplifies what the hospitality industry should be like... friendly, professional and efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here one night recently and I just don't understand how you can give it a bad review. It's about 10 minutes from the airport, about a mile south of I-84. The neighboorhood is fine. The room was literally spotless. Short of a few knicks on the furniture and maybe slight fraying on the carpet in areas, I couldn't find a problem. I ran my finger over the TV cabinet and not a hint of dust. Room had a large bathroom, with decent toiletries. There was a coffee maker, microwave, tube TV and refrigerator. Everything worked fine. Breakfast was OK. Fruit, cereal, toast, waffles, juice and hot beverages. I paid $46 with tax through my Entertainment card. Staff was friendly. I'd feel guilty giving it less than a five.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Inngresham, Manager at Super 8 Gresham/Portland, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Tim
Lindenwold, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I along with my group of friends stayed at this Super 8 for one night on 8/7 and after reading the reviews on this site I had low expectations to begin with. So yes this isn't the best part of the Portland area however it's not a ghetto and we did not have any issues at all with other guests or people loitering around the property. The staff on duty at the time we checked in was extremely friendly and we quickly had our room keys. The first thing that really struck me was the odor in the hallways, it was a mix of stale cigarette smoke, cheap cologne, and body odor. We were thrilled that our room did not have this unique odor and that it was pretty clean. Where the room fell short was that the air-conditioning unit was barely working/noisy and both beds had sheets with many holes in them. The bathroom was also clean but there were two dirty bath towels left with the clean ones, one of which looked like it had blood on it...yuk! Aside from the noisy a/c unit the rest of the hotel was quiet throughout the night and we slept ok. The continental breakfast the next morning was lame, nothing was being replenished you had to keep tracking someone down to get what you needed. I think I only ended up eating a piece of toast and having a cup of coffee. By this point we needed to pack up our bags and move on but we were more than ready to leave this place. For the price we paid this wasn't the worse place we could have stayed however my issues are things that could easily be taken care of in the future that would leave a better impression on guests staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Coeur d Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Nothing fancy, just your basic Super 8. The room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, and the price was right. Great location to tour the gorge. We left the hotel, drove the old loop by Crown Point and Multnomah Falls. Then to Bonneyville Dam and Fish Hatchery. Then took the loop around Mt. Hood and ended up back in Gresham. Perfect day. There are a couple of good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: If you want a smoking room, book early
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We booked this hotel using Priceline. When we arrived, there were only smoking rooms available. After trying to work with Priceline to get a refund (unsuccessfully) we had no choice but to stay at this hotel. Becky who was working at the front desk was able to get us a non smoking room as someone was just checking out. She and Jessie were very accomodating and cleaned the room quickly so we could check in. We were on the second floor of the hotel (no elevator) and the hallway immediately reeked of cigarette smoke. Although our room was non smoking you could clearly smell the smoke from the other rooms inside of our room. The rooms were clean enough, but the smell was terrible.

I would highly suggest that this hotel go non smoking. I think they would see more guests and perhaps return guests. I would not return to this hotel solely based on the smell.

However...the customer service provided by Becky and Jessie was OUTSTANDING!! They were helpful, pleasant and positive. They treated every customer respectfully and I wish more hotel staff were as great as they were. They really went the extra mile!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Inngresham, Manager at Super 8 Gresham/Portland, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you too appreciate Becky and Jessie who make my life so much easier for their willingness to go beyond to solve problems. The challenge of accommodating both smokers and non-smokers can be challenging. We are always looking for better ways to keep the smell out of the hallways.
Third party vendors will book my hotel regardless of smoking preference, perhaps they too could be aware of how passionate many people are regarding the matter.
Tim Erion
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very friendly and accommodating staff. They truly cared about their customers. Close enough to Portland for site seeing, but much better price. Breakfast was average for Super 8. Very large room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Tim Erion, Manager
Green River, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel is basically in the Portland ghetto. There were no restaurants nearby to eat. I was scared to leave my car in the parking lot. It is 30 minutes + from the city center. It also smelled horrible in the hotel. The ice machine was leaking and the best solution they could come up with was a towel that was changed regularly. Breakfast: The coffee was like flavored water and the plates were thin as napkins. On the plus side, the hosts were perhaps the most helpful and friendly I've ever encountered in a hotel. Still, I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Super 8 Gresham/Portland, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Yes, our ice machine had a problem, that has been fixed although sometime a repair takes longer than we wish. . Although there are only two restaurants within two blocks, there are actually almost thirty food outlets within one mile of the motel. That's a fact.

Without a doubt our area is urban and divesre. Some people find that scary, personally I find it fascinating. I am glad that nothing bad actually happened, and I do very much hope you change your mind about returning,

Tim Erion

Been to Super 8 Gresham/Portland? Share your experiences!