“quiet with easy access” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
“quiet with easy access”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I actually stayed here for 8 weeks October - December. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The bed most comfortable, and the area quiet. It is easy to find off I-84 or 181st. I also appreciate that they recycle. If my work assigns me in this area again in the future, I will gladly stay here. Safeway and Albertsons are close by for grocery shopping needs.

Room Tip: ask to check out room options before selecting your room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I agree that our hotel is conveniently located near Safeway and Albertsons, which makes it easier to utilize the kitchens in the rooms. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff helped you feel welcome when you were far from home for so long. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is right off the freeway but the highway noise was never annoying in the room. Free wifi worked OK and it was great to have a full size fridge in a hotel for once! There are lots of restaurants and stores around, area seemed perfectly safe to me. Rooms were clean and I have no complaints, will definitely stay at this location again next time I am in Portland.

Room Tip: I always try to get on the top floor of wherever I stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to show you the value in our hotel! We strive to make our guests feel at home with our clean rooms and friendly staff. I am glad to hear the the full size fridge exceeded your expectations! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Extended Stay was a great place to stay while waiting for my new place to be finished. The staff was excellent. They were helpful, friendly, and made people feel at home. They were responsive to requests that would make my stay better. The housekeepers kept it a clean environment and paid attention to details that many in other hotels would miss. The new mattress was comfortable. The location was convenient, near the freeway and a Safeway. I enjoyed my time at Extended Stay and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I'm so pleased to hear that we made you feel at home! We pride ourselves on making sure that all of our guests feel welcome by providing a clean and friendly atmosphere! I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of our recent upgrades, including the new pillow top mattress! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Recently returned to the area and stayed at this hotel while looking for housing. I found the staff to be friendly, easer to please and very knowledgeable. My room was clean, had no lingering smellsand a good bed. When the toaster in my room had a problem the front desk replaced it immediately with a new one.
The Hotel Manager, Mariah is fairly new on site and working very hard to update the rooms, starting with new bed covers, lamps and curtains.
As a woman traveling alone I felt safe at this property. The parking lot was well lit, it was quiet after 9pm. All in all a really nice place to stay, I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Holes in carpet, mold in bathroom, doors slamming ALL night, lingering smoke smell, and worst of all: a cockroach in the kitchen. Terrible accommodations, overall. The outside appearance of the hotel is quite deceiving-it appears decent when in fact it's one of the poorest accommodations I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, October 12, 2012

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issues you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features and cleanliness, to the design and condition of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

In addition, we are working to resolve the carpeting issue and have contacted our pest control company as these are not acceptable. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the
Extended Stay America Portland-Gresham location several times over the past year for months at a time. My husband does contract work, so for the past two years we have been traveling together across the country going wherever his job takes us. The Extended Stay America is a studio/efficiency-type hotel where all the rooms have full size kitchens, and if we can help it, these are the only hotels we stay in. It really makes your stay there convenient, plus you can save money by buying your own groceries instead of eating out for every meal. The rooms at this hotel are also comparable in price to other hotels in the area, of not less expensive and nicer. They are pet friendly, too!! That's really important to me, as I know it probably is to a lot of people today. I really like this hotel chain, but mostly I like this hotel because of the staff and their excellent and friendly service. Mariah is the manager there, and I believe she's just been there for a couple of years, but she does a really great job with her staff and the customers, too. The hotel is really clean, and it's actually in the process of being renovated. I was there during some of that, too, and she and the staff did their best to limit any of the inconvenience it could have caused us during our stay. The grounds are pretty, and the hotel's in a quiet business area with lots of restaurants, grocery stores, and Walmart near by. There's a walking path right outside the gate behind the hotel, and if its a clear day, you have a perfect view of beautiful Mt. Hood. I always feel really safe at this hotel. Someone is there 24/7. The staff here are the best around! To name a few of them, there is Addie, Christie, Laneisha, and Jeb at the front desk, Tom in maintenance, Marie and Perry work after hours, and some of the housekeeping are Rosa, Sandra, and I think Maria? Maybe a Brandie, too? Unfortunately, I didn't get all of their names, but that doesn't make them any less important to my stay there. Everyone was great, and I hope I didn't forget too many people. They are all really nice and polite. If there is something you need, they are quick to help. My husband sometimes works nights, so we have requested not to be disturbed during the day, and sure enough, nobody will bother us. If they need to call our room, they will just leave a silent message, so the message light is blinking when we wake up. There's so much more that I can't even begin to go into. It's thoughtfulness like that that counts. Out of all the hotels we have stayed at, Extended Stay America Portland-Gresham is by far my favorite! It just feels like home.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Extended Stay America twice in the Portland area. There were quite a few of us staying there in order to participate in the Hood to Coast relay. This was a perfect location during our relay.
The front desk staff has been wonderful both times. They were so accomodating to our teams. It was great to have refrigerators in order to keep our groceries.
I would definitely stay there again if in the Portland area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We hope you all had fun participating in the relay race! It is great to know that our in-room amenities like the kitchen and refridgerator were of use to you. We offer these items so guests like yourself can enjoy a cooked meal or a place to store snacks while away; creating a "home away from home" experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham? Share your experiences!