“Our vacay always includes HAMPTON INN” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Pearl city, United States
“Our vacay always includes HAMPTON INN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Whenever our family travels to the US, I always make it a point to book a room at Hampton. Even if you may pay a little more, to have an inclusive breakfast for 5 is extremely cost efficient when traveling. The food selection is always great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review of our property. I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. The clerk at checkin was very helpful. The rooms are comfortable. We find the beds, pillows and linens were superior when compared to many other hotels on our trip. Free wifi was fast and the TV had a great selection of channels. The showerheads were multiflow design and are at a regular height so I could stand my six foot frame underneath without crouching (some hotels we stayed at were at eye level). The breakfast buffet had the usual assortment of Hampton staples and provided enough choices to satisfy both of us.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely hope you will stay with us in the future.
Yakima, Wa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The staff at the Hampton went out of their way to make the stay for our family memorable. The reservationist was helpful, caring, and accommodating.. Hotel and pool was clean and inviting. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for the excellent review. I am very happy that we could help make it a memorable trip for you and your family. I love to hear when our staff and hotel exceed our guests expectations. We definitely look forward to seeing you again and thank you for staying with us.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

First impression is the lobby which is very nicely updated. Check in was smooth. However, the hallway to the room had a very strong odor of deodorizer. Made you wonder what they might be covering up.

The room. Clean and adequate. However, the 4 pillows on the King bed were very small and I had to ask for 2 extra, which they did provide. I was a little concerned that there was a yellow post it note on the headboard advising that the linens and duvet were clean, really???? Shouldn't they be without question? The room did not have a closet, but instead a little armoire type closet to put hanging clothes in. The bathroom was nice, could've used better water pressure but the water was hot. Be careful in the tub, it got very slippery after shampoo and conditioner were washed from my hair. The usual toiletries were included as well as a blow dryer.

The breakfast was typical fruits, pastries, cereal, your token "make it yourself waffle maker", juice, coffees, an egg dish and sausage.

Would I stay here again? Only if it was the only Hilton property available or the price was a lot less.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Donele F, Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our property. I am glad that you enjoyed the decor of the lobby, we love it too. Thank you for letting me know about the small pillows in your room, I will look into that right away. The post-it on the headboard in a brand standard, I will look into one that maybe states something different.

We are going to start a remodel of the rooms later this year that we are all very excited about and will hopefully take care of some of the other items your mentioned in your review. I will definitely talk to maintenance about the water pressure and the slippery tub. Thank you very much for bringing them to my attention.

I sincerely hope that you will stay with us in the future when you are in the area.
Spokane, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Overall, the Hampton was OK, but nothing really stands out. The Bed was clean and appealing, the comforter was hot,and weight was heavy. The room was hot even with the air-conditioning on. It was only 40's outside, but still hot and stuffy in the room. The breakfast was minimal with only three hot items. The fruit consisted of only older apples with plastic wrap.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was happy to hear that you found your room appealing and thank you for bringing it to my attention that the air conditioning in your room was an issue for you. I will have maintenance check the unit immediately.

I am sorry you thought our breakfast was minimal, we try very hard to offer our guests excellent breakfast choices in the morning to get them started out full of energy and on the right foot.

We offer a large variety of items on our breakfast buffet that are served daily: one meat, one starch, eggs, hot oatmeal, make your own waffles, muffins, danish, croissants, cereal, various bread items, hard boiled eggs, (whole) apples, (whole) bananas, (sliced) pineapple, (sliced)
cantaloupe, (sliced) oranges and (sliced) grapefruit.

Again, thank you for your review. I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Roseburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel was nice. The clerks at the reception desk very friendly - check in & check out were very quick. The breakfast included hot food - waffles, toast, muffins, eggs & potatoes as well as usual cold items such as yogurt, cereal, rolls. Overall it had a very good selection. My family enjoyed the indoor pool. There was a lot of parking available. Its location is very close to I-84.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. The team here very much appreciate hearing from our guests. I am glad that you had such a great experience at our property and hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future. Thank you again.
Sheridan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have never before stayed where both the value and the quality were as exceptional as this. I thought I would have to get two rooms for my family to fit, but with the sofa bed we not only saved money, but got to enjoy our time together even longer. I will definitely stay here again the next chance I get.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I am always so happy to receive reviews like yours. We always want our guests to feel as though the experience they have at our hotel is a memorable one. Spending time with family is one of the most important things we do and I am glad we could be part of it. I hope to meet you in person when you stay with us again. Thank you for your wonderful review.

Been to Hampton Inn Portland East? Share your experiences!