“Good stay” 3 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
“Good stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Helpful staff. My original room smelled of smoke...or at least of something trying to cover up the smoke smell. It was not going to be a comfortable rest with the smell. The front desk helped me get into a different room without the smell. This hotel provided everything I needed and expected. It was nothing amazing, but just fine. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for the review. I am so sorry that your first room smelled like smoke. You should expect a room free from smoke smell if you are staying at an all non-smoking hotel. I am glad Dana was able to get you into another room. Thank you for staying with us and for being willing to stay again next time you are in Portland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
The Dalles, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just what we needed-everything was nice and people helping make the stay very enjoyable...
The breakfast is the best in town and free. Remote was dead for TV, but they had batteries ready and available at the front desk at 11:30PM. We wished we could stay longer, business is busy. We love coming to Portland when we have the time and need we will stay at Hampton Inn Portland East again...

Room Tip: We had jet tub in our room and enjoyed that, but the swimming area also had hot tub, so doubled up o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks for staying with us when you come to Portland. I am sorry about your remote but glad to see the the desk clerk was able to replace the batteries. I will pass along your breakfast comments to my breakfast staff. I know they work hard in the mornings to make sure everybody gets a good start to their day. I love to pass great comments on to my staff. See you next time you are in town.
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff at the hotel were very friendly. We arrived after midnight and we were checked in with a smile. The housekeeping staff were also friendly and we felt comfortable knowing our room would be taken care of and safe as well.

Room Tip: A room at the back is nice...great view and nothing behind the building so it is quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found us to be comfortable, clean, and quiet. I will pass along your comments to my graveyard staff and housekeepers. We love having the field behind us. Now that it is spring, we are wondering what they will plant this year. I hope to see you next time you are in Portland.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall, it's a nice hotel. The staff is simply wonderfully endearing, I think my check in time took all of 60 seconds (I had made a reservation online ahead of time). They already had my keys ready and everything ready to go when I got there. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, and it's somewhat nestled off by itself. It's somewhat old, and you can tell the decades of upkeep that have taken place over the years, but notwithstanding that and it missing a desk to work on, it's still a Hampton, it's still a GREAT hotel, and I will definitely stay here again when I'm in Portland. I like the fact that I didn't have to pay extra for icebox and microwave, too. You're only 20 minutes from downtown PDX, and there's some restaurants north of the interstate. Great job guys, see you when I'm back in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kudos. I will be sure to pass them along to my staff. I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Portland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was the best stay for me in long time. Check in was the most painless and quick as I have ever had. Bed was extremely comfortable. Staff was friendly and polite. Breakfast was great with variety. I will stay here again my next time in Portland.

• Stayed March 2013
Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay from start to finish. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
Famcraz4
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this Hampton inn before, so it wasn't a surprise to have such a great experience! When I arrived, I was informed I'd been chosen as their "guest of the day". I received a free room upgrade (whirlpool tub suite) & a goodie bag w/ snacks. Very cool!! The staff were friendly, room was clean, beds comfy, and excellent breakfast. What more could you want? Did I mention my room rate was only $89 plus tax. Exceptional for the Accomodations!!!
My stay was to p/u family at the airport. When the airline lost their luggage, we were stuck in Portland a 2nd night. I recommended we go back to this Hampton Inn, and we were greeted w/ great hospitality. Front desk gave my family an essentials kit (since they didn't have any luggage or toiletries). They also invited us to an evening reception of enchiladas & fresh baked cookies in the lobby...even called our room when they were ready! I highly recommend staying at this location. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed March 2013
Sounds like my staff did a great job taking care of you. I got to meet you and your family on the second night and have to say that it was a real pleasure. Thanks so much for the review and for choosing to stay with us. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.
Hood River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff was exceptional- very professional, friendly and helpful. My husband was in the hospital, so I ended up staying 5 nights in three different rooms- checking out and back in again each day because of the uncertainty of his stay. Each room was imaculate, comfortable and quiet, and the warm cookies at night were the best! :) A thoroughly enjoyable, top-notch experience!

Room Tip: Northwest end of the building has almost no road noise. VERY quiet!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Donele F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am glad we could make a stressful situation a little bit less stressful and that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. And the cookies - sinfully delicious! Hopefully next time you are in Portland it will be for fun. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Hampton Inn Portland East? Share your experiences!