“One of the Finest Best Western Hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Grants Pass
GreenLeadersGold level
Sylmar, Ca
“One of the Finest Best Western Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is by far one of the best of the Best Western Hotels. The staff are friendly and there to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We have stayed here before and always look forward to our next stay with them. It's close to the town of Rogue River, restaurants, local sights, day trips. You stay right on the river (actually within walking distance). You can't beat the staff, from Chantale at the front desk to Glen in maintenance. The young lady that tends to the Breakfast to the maids. Everyone that works at this Best Western is there for your comfort while being away from your home. My husband and I highly recommend this establishment to anyone traveling in the area. If your going to be doing business in Grants Pass, stay at the Rogue. It's close to Eagle Point and Gold Hill. We would love to find a home there because of the staff/friends that we have made while staying there ourselves.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you can, but if not able to, they will do everything they can to accommodate your need...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

No surprises here---that's good news. Convenient to I-5 yet quiet and close to a very nice river walk. Small town of Rogue River has limited services, but you can find about anything you need. Locals are friendly and setting is beautiful. Rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Eureka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night, primarily because of reviews here on TA. Check-in went without a problem and we were greeted by Daniel, the guy many people here have mentioned by name. He got a kick out of the fact that I already knew his name.

Our room was clean and the beds comfortable. The microwave and refrigerator were placed in a corner away from the coffee maker which wasn't the most convenient for us. We left the room for a couple hours and when we returned, our door was open! Turns out, there is no automatic closer on the door. We've never had the happen at a hotel before so weren't expecting it. I don't know if all the rooms are like that or not so just to be safe, make sure you check that the door has closed all the way when you leave your room.

The shower was a nightmare. On top of inadequate water pressure, the "diverter" failed to work. Diverters are those devices that turn off the faucet and route the water to the shower head. Those 2 factors added up to an unpleasant experience. My husband saw the maintenance man working nearby and mentioned it to him, but he either didn't understand fully or he wasn't concerned...

We took Daniel's suggestion for dinner and it was equally disappointing--make note that the town of Rogue River has next-to-nowhere to eat. I will review where we ate elsewhere on this site.

Don't think we'll be coming back here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our second stay and both were great. Excellent staff and service. Rooms are quiet, in good shape, and comfortable. Amenities like wireless and complimentary breakfast were a nice vale-add to a very reasonably priced stay. Very easy access on and off freeway. Steps away (like maybe 25...) from the river.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Last minute trip to Rogue River. My family has stayed there before and recommended it. It was close to where I needed to be and always nice to be that close the river. The place was clean and quiet. Bed was so comfy.The staff very friendly. It was great to have breakfast included.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Always stay here at least twice a year. Extremely comfortable and very quiet. The front desk staff is always so helpful and considerate, The breakfast was very good. The staff made the appearance very appertizing and the food area was always clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here over a month for work and the staff was very friendly and helpful the whole time... They also have a great selection for breakfast
I injured my foot and was on crutches the last week.
Daniel, Chantale and Paula at the front desk were very helpful and brought me ice and drinks to my room when I needed it and Tamara and Jessica brought me breakfast to my room as well as getting me my breakfast the times I was able to make it to the breakfast area myself....
I feel everyone there went above and beyond their required job to make stay a pleasant one.
I highly recommend staying at this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn at the Rogue? Share your experiences!