“Rogue River Front” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mill Valley, California
“Rogue River Front”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We just returned from a one night stay at this lovely motel/hotel.
The front desk staff could not have been nicer and the wine and cheese, as well as the full breakfast were much appreciated.
The room we had looked over the pool and hot tub-but we had a nice outdoor deck with a break of plants in front of us. Lovely. The sheets and towels were of a very high quality.The whole property was well cared for.WE wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the picturesque location and warmth of the staff, however home beckoned.WE often drive 5 to Portland, and will make sure we stop here again. The rooms will be equally lovely and cozy in winter with the fire burning in the main lodge reception room!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We had a lovely 2 night stay. The room was a regular king on the second floor, we decided to forgo the river view room to save money and were happy with that choice. Although we didn't use the pool and spa it was there and others seemed to be enjoying it. The staff was very nice and helpful, especially Nicole and Tamara! If we get back this way we will stay again.

• Stayed September 2011
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The room was just suitable. They formerly had a restaurant, but now you have to walk through a tunnel to get there. Not a very charming place at all. Cars had to be parked outside a gate and there were indigent people all over the place. Could hardly wait to leave the place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I've stayed here three times - all one night stays while I was on a road trip. The first two times I got rooms that faced the parking lot which were reasonably priced and great for what I needed. The front desk has always been friendly and very accomodating - including offering a special discounted rate and honoring a coupon that I had forgotten at home on one previous stay.

The rooms are very large (almost ridiculously large and a lot of the space seems almost wasted) and the decor is updated for the most part (some of the artwork and fixtures are a pretty good tell this place has been around for a while but, for a one night stay on a roadtrip, it's not that consequential).

But the last trip I got stuck with a room in their "cottage" which is set apart from the other rooms and adjacent to a meeting room where the hotel hosts its complimentary breakfast. The room was significantly more expensive than the other rooms I had been given in my previous stay (about $30 more a night) and had a very weak if not completely unreliable internet connection. I had gotten there that evening hoping to get some work done but the connection made that impossible. They also had sprinklers running that night that every 10 minutes would hit the building and create this noise like there was some massive downpour outside. And then the following morning I was woken up by all the bustle in the neighboring kitchen where they were getting ready to serve breakfast. It's also obvious this was a room less attended to than others - there were cobwebs and dead trapped bugs in the corner of the closet that I noticed when I pulled out the iron.

I'm sure this sounds like I'm being picky to some but this room was $130/night (would have been more without the 25% off coupon I had from my last stay) and there are plenty of other options in that area I could have used that were the same price or less that would not have had these issues. I do think they try hard here but they missed the mark on this last time...and I'm pretty sure I'll look elsewhere when I'm in the area in the future.

Room Tip: Don't pick the cottage if you care about reliable internet service or noise in the mornings. Ro...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
TheLodgeatRiverside, General Manager at The Lodge at Riverside, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
On behalf of The Lodge at Riverside staff, we are delighted that you have enjoyed several stays with us but I would like to say that we are truly sorry that your recent stay was a disappointment. It is our goal to offer an exceptional lodging experience; however, sometimes we regretfully fall short.

Since your stay, we have learned that we indeed have a proplem with the Wifi reception in this room. We are taking necessary steps to fix that issue. We understand the importance of being able to be connected to work while travelling and fixing this is a priority to us.

We have had no previous complaints on the sprinklers, however, I will speak with our gardener and have him take a look at the system and see why it would be hitting the building. Additionally, I have spoken to our housekeeping department. Our housekeepers do a good job of keeping the rooms clean and take pride in their work. They are as disappointed as I that this area was overlooked.

Due to the cottage's location, there are times that you can hear voices and "bustle" from the breakfast room. We are very honest about this at the time of making reservations and do our best to make the guest aware of this before choosing this room. In fact, many guests say they don't notice the noise at all.

I hope that you will give us another chance, because as you know, this is not a typical experience at The Lodge at Riverside and we would love the opportunity to remind you of that.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel has it all...the staff were exceptional particularly Randi, Amanda and Nicki. They went the extra mile to provide information, deliver extra towels to the room and ensure our trip was memorable. The rooms are impeccably clean with generous space, the staff are friendly and accommodating, and the value can't be beat.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Grants Pass area. It's a great homebase for hiking, rafting, and visiting the wineries. We definitely will be coming back!

Thanks so much to the staff at The Lodge at Riverside!!!!

Room Tip: We selected a premium queen on the river.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We chose to stay at the Lodge at Riverside after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and we're so glad we did! Everything at this property was outstanding! We opted for a standard 2 queen room as we were only staying one night which was very affordable at $117 a night (leisure rate) including breakfast. The room was extremely comfortable, clean, large and beautifully decorated. In this hotel category, this lodge is first class and the attention to detail throughout was very impressive! When you find a lovely place, with this much care and attention to detail, you know that the owner/managers take their business to heart and genuinely care about their guests experience. We enjoyed a lovely complimentary glass of wine in the rustic lobby area when we arrived and thoroughly enjoyed the delicious and genuinely home-made breakfast the next morning. Michelle, Nikki and Brian at the front desk were professional, attentive and friendly. Pam and Jessica, who managed the breakfast service, did an excellent job making sure that we were well taken care of. I would highly recommend this hotel in Grants Pass!

Room Tip: Would recommend # 213 standard, 2 queens and large enough for a family of four. No view but that did...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Loved the location. Breakfast was okay. Gave us a very generous late check out so we could enjoy a jet boat trip and still clean up before we left. A bit pricy.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to The Lodge at Riverside? Share your experiences!