“Lodging for relaxed paced” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SAVE 10-25%!
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Grants Pass
Eugene, Oregon
“Lodging for relaxed paced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I am a frequent visitor to the Southern Oregon area. As with many people in my position, I don’t enjoy the usual motel/hotel rooms. It’s hard enough to be away from your family and home without adding insult by staying in the cookie cutter design of what corporate America sees as acceptable overnight accommodations.

The Lodge at Riverside during the winter offers a fresh experience when you enter the lobby. In true “Lodge Style” the Log cabin building houses an oversized fireplace that the staff keeps stoked with real firewood and the smell that goes with it. The staff are very friendly and show real interest in making sure that your stay is positive.

The rooms, not to be outdone by the lobby, offer log style furniture and a comfortable atmosphere good for both the business and personal traveler. Beds are very comfortable, along with several amenities such as a place for work, fridge etc. The bathroom fixtures were the only setback as they were never replaced when the Lodge was remodeled. Breakfast was also a nice touch being different from the usual complimentary meals you would expect from regular motels.

With views of the Rouge river, and close by restaurants that tempt the most sophisticated taste buds, it’s no surprise that I keep coming back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Spacious, warm, well-kept rooms, very clean. Friendly staff. Complimentary glass of wine, cookies in the evenings. Will be coming back. Great location next to Tap Rock Restaurant, which is just across the street and accessible via a pedestrian-safe bridge. Centrally located. Had a business meeting here over the course of a week and it was a very nice place to stay and far superior to other hotels I have stayed at in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We arrived at the hotel and went in the lodge to check in, Amanda was attempting to assist another guest. Although this particular woman would not ever be pleased Amanda handled the situation wonderfully. She was Polite extremely helpful and accommodating and had the best sense of humor my sisters and I have seen in a long time, She remembered our names, why we were in Grants Pass and handled all of our needs like a pro, Brian ( I believe his name was ) was also wonderful he also knew why we were there and made sure our every need was met and then some.. we were so comfortable at the lodge that we spent the evening after our event in the lobby drinking our wine and sitting by the fire. I don't know how you you managed to get so luckty with your ENTIRE staff not just the two whos name i remembered ( long week of travel) from front desk to the sweetest lady who tidied our room you hit the Jackpot. I cannot wait to revisit.. Hope to see you again in the next few months.. Thanks again

• Stayed March 2011
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Let me start with the room, it was a large room, clean and quite. The beds were comfortable. But that not why I'm taking the time to write, it's the staff, Brian, Pam and Amanda. I travel a lot, and i stay in a lot of hotels, but I 've never been so impressed with the staff. I felt like they were there just to wait on my family. I was there with my 5 sisters to surprise my father on his 76th birthday. We rented a room in there restaurant . When we came back to the hotel, they wanted to know all about it, they were so sincere , at breakfast, The staff was there waiting to serve us with smiles on there face. I know they are like this with everyone who stays there because I watched them with others, in fact , the staff has us all, visiting like we were long lost friends. If you want to feel special the lodge is a must stay. My sisters and i will be back, not all at once, but we all agree Brian, Pam and Amanda will be seeing us again. thank you

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

We arrived late in Grants Pass and drove past The Lodge- I immediately saw the log cabin in front of The Lodge with the river right behind it. We stopped and were professionally and very kindly met by Brian. Brian then welcomed us with milk and home made chocolate chip cookies. From the very beginning of our stay Brian met all of our needs with a smile. He answered all of our questions (which we had many about the area), he brought us breakfast to our room and when we ate in the lobby the next day he assisted us with anything we needed (from extra syrup for our home made waffle- to butter and more fruit juice). The room was gorgeous- we looked out onto a tree covered pool/spa with the river and a gorgeous park just behind that. The beds were just as comfortable as home and we slept so great! The maids cleaned our room perfectly everyday too!! I could not have been more pleased with everything!! The breakfast (included) were full breakfasts- with all kinds of fruit juices/teas/coffee/hot chocolate/apple cider, cereal- biscuits and great gravy- waffles- bagels- and yummy home made cinnamon rolls (you must have one!)- we never made it back in time (we were out exploring the amazing area) for the cheese and wine but heard it was great too!- Please management take notice of Brian- he really made the stay perfect~~

Oceano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with many extended family members while attending a family wedding. The entire experience was wonderful with a terrific Lodge host, Brian, and his helper, Pam, seeing to our every hospitality need. We loved the breakfast bar, wine tasting and milk and cookie eves. Terrific food and amazing service. The staff wanted to do everything possible to make our stay as nice as possible. I had my 88-year-old father with me, and the staff went out of their way to make sure that Dad had everything he needed. Your handicap room was perfect for him. I will definitely plan on staying at this hotel during my subsequent trips to visit family in the Grants Pass area. This is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Nice folks, comfortable, stayed more than a few times.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Lodge at Riverside? Share your experiences!