“Great clean cheap place to stop” 4 of 5 stars

Bestway Inn Grants Pass
1253 NE 6th Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526   |
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Grants Pass
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Great clean cheap place to stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

All things being relative this isn't the high end Marriott or anything. It is however a very clean and reasonably place to park for a night or even a short duration in the Grants Pass area. I had a discount coupon from one of the regional travel magazines. I checked the reviews here and they were overall positive. I got in somewhat late. Had to buzz at the door to get front desk but they came out quick enough. Got a room for me and my girlfriend for the night. They apparently upgraded us up to a room with two bedrooms, Fridge and Microwave. It was a very good room. Nothing terribly sexy but I thought it was clean and functional. The whole hotel to me seemed like a business they do indeed take pride in. Outside seemed very clean and well maintained. Inside was overall clean. I liked they had good sized LCD TV's. I expected crappy small ones that seem to come with a cheap hotel. although this place is indeed low price I wouldn't call it cheap. It is very good value for the dollar. They had a good working ice machine that came in handy to refill the cooler. Th front desk had "Breakfast" which mainly consisted of cold cereal and coffee. There are plenty of venues in the area you can walk to or short drive down the main strip.

Next day we were getting out a little late but the house keeper was ok with us. We were packing and getting out the door during the actual checkout time. What little interaction we had with staff was good. They were very cordial and genuinely nice.

I saw the comment about hard beds. They are not deep fluffy beds but by no means would I consider them hard. Firm could be adequate but the bed was perfectly fine to me and my girlfriend.

I would certainly recommend the place and would have no problems making a reservation for future stays in that area.

They seem to take people with pets. The area out front with grass asked people to take any dogs behind the hotel where they apparently have a dog run.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

A basic motel, off the interstate going into town. Indian Family run. Pleasant. It was not crouded when we were there. Quiet.Clean room. Although you could walk to a couple of restaurants &bars. Waffles for breakfast were better than average.

• Stayed November 2013
Lake Stevens, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were on a trip to California called ahead and resvered a room.the only thing the I have a complaint about is the VERY HARD beds , and the shower was to small. The three of us did not get much sleep.The rooms were clean, service was good, good location easy to find.they are animal freindly as we traveled with a small dog.

Room Tip: Bring a foam mattress pad, if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

You could not stay at a better hotel in Grants Pass. The Manager could not have been more helpful and accommodating to our family. What a great place to stay. It was clean, close to restaurants, and the highway. Our trip across country was a lot easier because we stayed here. On our return trip we will be sure to stay here. They are even pet friendly! Which was good for my pets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is the best hotel I have stayed at. Stopped by on my way to Portland, stayed a night it was great! Took a ride in HellGate Jetboat! Room was nice and cozy. They changed a lot of things that were said in the past reviews. I don't know about that drink machine review, but the sodas are up to date. Room was very nice with a fridge, HD tv, and a microwave which is all I need. Service is very nice, the front desk will help you with anything you need. I came for a business trip with a friend so I needed something good, this was the place. HOT FRESH WAFFLES for breakfast as well as coffee and other continental breakfast as usual.

There weren't any problems, great pricing, and great value! Will definitely stay here. I'd say this is the best in Grants Pass.

Room Tip: choose the connecting room suite. really nice room i loved it
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We called ahead to make a reservataon due to late night arrival. The clerk was friendly and helpful. This hotel is not fancy, but it is well-kept and very clean. Having survived a major disaster we've come to realize the line between civilization and somethng else is hot water. This place has plenty of hot water. Rooms were large and comfy. We'll stay here next time we drop by Grants Pass for a visit. It is also convenient to the Hellgate Jetboat Tour.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Despite it being small, the rooms are very nice! Usually motels don't even have rooms like this! They have basically made this motel into a franchise, with hot waffles and other continental breakfast. The lightning caught me, what motel has recessed LED lights? There's lights by the bed for a reading light and even better stuff! I love this place! I would only choose this hotel every time I go to Grants Pass! They have reasonable prices! .This is the best in Grants Pass. Very good location and the motel does stay busy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bestway Inn Grants Pass? Share your experiences!