“Good BBQ Joint” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 156 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Oregon
“Good BBQ Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love to barbecue and smoke food, (Big Green Egg owner) and I love to eat other people's barbecue if it is good. Unless you are in the South, it is hard to find decent barbecue, so I was hesitant to try this restaurant until recently. This joint comes close to some of the really good barbecue I have had in Texas, South Carolina, Georgia, etc. I have eaten here twice now and both times the food was consistently tasty. Perfectly smoked, (pulled pork once, brisket once) and seasoned just right. Their sauces are really good and they have most of the sides considered standard with good barbecue. Service is fairly quick and very friendly. I will eat here again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Grants Pass, Oregon
“good smoked food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

i had the smoked chicken sanwich. that came with coleslaw, macironi salad. was very good. Price was reasonable.

Visited November 2012
“Love that sauce!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We were in Grants Pass for a few days and had selected our restaurants based on Trip Advisor reviews-after a very disappointing experience at Taprock yet a fantastic experience at Thai BBQ, i was trying to make sense of all the confusion: and by this, I mean that it is so confusing to read diametrically opposing reviews of the same place. I have chalked this up to those who can cook and those who don't cook see things entirely differently therefore, we cannot fully rely on reviews. This being said, I think it is important that we share our experiences regardless if our different ways of seeing things. We were on our way to spend the day driving along the lovely Rogue River when we spotted this little clean looking BBQ place and thought "what the heck, let's try it out." We were not disappointed ... Great friendly service, very reasonable prices, tender meat and, WOW, that sauce! We had the Pulled Pork and Chicken meal both with slaw and beans (choice of two sides come with meal and include cornbread, potato or Mac salad, slaw and/ or beans). Both meals were EXCELLENT with just the right amount of food and seasoned perfectly! The sauce, spicy (mild available) was the one of the best, if not the best, we have ever had! The art on walls is lovely (and for sale) and the employees warm and friendly. We also had homemade sweet tea and regular tea and it was great. That may sound strange but we have a hard time finding decent tea anywhere. All this for about $20!!!! Me-oh-my! We WILL return next time in town or maybe tomorrow before we leave. Alleluia and amen!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere