“Great Tri Tip Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #120 of 177 Restaurants in Grants Pass
“Great Tri Tip Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The tri tip was tender enough to cut with a plastic fork. So was the brisket that my husband ordered. The smokiness was just right. The sautéed red pepper and onion mixture didn't add any flavor to the meat and the BBQ sauce was a bit sweet. The jalapeño sauce was spicy. All the sides are homemade. My choices were potato salad and coleslaw. Both had a good flavor and weren't dripping with mayo. The sandwiches are big enough to share.

The atmosphere isn't much. Food is served on paper plates with plastic cutlery. Who cares? The food is great!

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Grants Pass, Oregon
“An ok experience, nothing we would go out of the way for...........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Absolutely no atmosphere in the place. Tables and chairs are old and to some degree the corners of the rooms floors have dirt built up. We ordered pull pork and chicken sandwiches with sides and a couple of tacos that were up on "special". Sandwiches were just ok as far as the food goes but the tacos were different and better than the sandwiches. Get the tacos as appetizers. A local radio station was advertising the place an indicated the food was good but we would say just ok. People are trying to make a living, I have no problem with that but just average food and no ambiance is not going to cut it at the price we paid for our little meal, over $22. I would have rather eaten elsewhere and one main reason is Acid Reflux! Wow did we suffer later and late into the night. By the way, we learned something about BBQ. If you want them loaded with sauce, which I probably would have gone for before I knew I would suffer later, ask for the sandwiches "wet". No one told us until we were leaving the place when I indicated they were a little dry. Wished them luck but will probably not eat there again, we just didn't feel it was that good or special. At least when I BBQ at home, there's no Acid Reflux.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, CA
“The reluctant BBQ saucer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We visited Leo's BBQ yesterday on the recommendation of the host of our hotel. We were
told that Leo would never smother the meat with BBQ sauce. True enough, we had a very good chicken dinner, the chicken was lightly smoked and the sauce was served on the side, with a baked potato which was outstanding. We also had a cup of clam-chowder, which was excellent, obviously made from scratch,. The Workman's Pale Ale beer was excellent and added to a very nice experience. It was a quiet night, very down to earth, unpretentious atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, Oregon
“If it weren't for the entertainment by Cee Cee James... our trip to Leo's would have been a total FAIL!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had never been to Leo's BBQ Bar & Grill before; we went because we love to hear Cee Cee James sing her gritty blues and she was performing there. That part of the evening was amazing. The restaurant/bar though? Wow! They had no fish, no chicken, nothing fried or deep fried, no beans... basically they were out of everything except pulled pork & burgers and the sides available were potato salad, mac salad and coleslaw. Given our limited choices, I had the pulled pork and potato salad... which was actually very tasty. One of my friends had a burger and mac salad... they liked the burger, but not the mac salad. At the end of our evening, when it came time to pay our bill... they had no phone line and couldn't run cards; which left everyone (a full house!) scrambling to come up with cash to pay their bill. Would I ever go back to Leo's BBQ Bar & Grill? No. Well, unless Cee Cee James was performing! But I would eat before I go and make sure I had cash on me to pay for my beverages.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Snowmass Village, Colorado
“Convenient and well made”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had the soup and a half chicken TO GO along with very good slaw. My wife had a very well presented garden salad. It was all good.

Visited August 2013