“A New Restaurant to Try” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, American, Vegetarian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Redmond, Oregon
“A New Restaurant to Try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We happened upon Roux 26 during our visit to Grants Pass. Our server told us it was the beginning of their fourth week. This was April 30, 2013. The building had been a steam laundry at one time. The décor used a lot of old wood. The booths were large and even had a foot rest so your legs didn't dangle.
Our server was courteous and attentive.
My husband had their house made veggie burger and I had a quinoa with summer squash with shaved parmesan salad. We both enjoyed out lunches.
The restaurant was busy.
This is a restaurant we would visit again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Grants Pass, Oregon
“Almost perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Tried Roux 26 for dinner on a Saturday nite. The hostess was cheerful and polite and we were quickly seated. The atmosphere is very relaxed and inviting. The food was wonderful! We had the breads and spreads for an appetizer (yummy hummus and the salmon is fantastic), the wedge salad (roasted tomatoes! and minimal dressing so you can enjoy all the flavors), pork medallions (tender and moist pork plus the crispy smashed potato- nice!), and the shrimp tacos (great flavors but would probably have enjoyed two tacos with more shrimp than the four tacos with two half shrimp per taco).
As usual, the problem with eating out in GP is the service. Our server seemed very new. She could barely pronounce the special of the day so we quickly dismissed even trying it. When our appetizer came we had to ask for small plates by a passing worker. Again, as with most GP restaurants, there is an abundance of workers but no one to help. (At one point while we were looking for help there were four workers gathered at the hostess station talking, one of which had served us our appetizer). We ate every morsel on every plate brought to us and when the server came to clean the table she asked if we would like dessert to go and dropped off the check. I was a bit taken aback. When she came back I asked her what the desserts were, that maybe we wanted to enjoy one now. She said it looked like we wanted to go. I wasn't putting on my coat, my purse wasn't in my lap. We just paid and left. When she brought back my credit card she said maybe we could come back another time and enjoy coffee and dessert - - like what most people do after a nice meal. Thanks.

• Visited April 2013