“Nice surprise in Grants Pass” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 177 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: Japanese
Central Point, Oregon
“Nice surprise in Grants Pass”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was happy to find a sushi restaurant of this quality in Grants Pass. It's a little on the pricy side but the fish and rice were fresh and prepared well. The Ancorage roll is very good. Very friendly staff too. I will come again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lafayette, Colorado
“Fantastic Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

There's nothing fancy about Umi Sushi, but the sushi was the best I've ever had. The setting is definitely casual, but the service is very efficient, and they offer a decent selection of wines and beers. Loved it.

Visited August 2013
“Awesome sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The menu is very extensive and has a lot of variety. Staff is knowledgeable about the rolls and quick to answer questions and make great suggestions. Perfect place to bring the whole family, the teriyaki and other menu items are fantastic!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm very picky on where I eat sushi. I usually go to G St Bar and Grill to get sushi in grants pass but since umi opened I have started going there. Food is excellent and sushi is amazing. Staff is super friendly and personable.Overall a great dining experience!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hopatcong, NJ
“Great little sushi joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The wait staff at Umi was very friendly and attentive. The prices were in line with similar restaurants, but the fish was exceptionally fresh. The sushi rice was also made properly, which sadly is not always the case at sushi restaurants.

I had a yellowtail roll and a spicy salmon roll. Both were exceptional. My wife is a vegetarian, and she was impressed with the vege sushi rolls. We were given a free "side salad" of cucumber, sesame seeds, and mild vinegar dressing. I've not seen this previously in our area (NJ/NY), but we also noticed this in other Nor Cal sushi restaurants. It's a nice touch.

Not sure if we'll ever be back in Grant's Pass, but if we do return, we'll be headed for Umi Sushi.

• Visited July 2013