“Awesome Cinnamon Rolls and more” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 179 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Bakeries
Eugene, Oregon, United States
“Awesome Cinnamon Rolls and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stopped at this little local restaurant for lunch when driving through Grants Pass recently. I had a yummy artichoke quiche that came with a nice side salad which provided a satisfying and healthy lunch but my eyes kept straying over to the baked goods case. I was so glad that I didn't resist getting the huge cinnamon roll when I greedily ate my half that evening in the hotel. The bread was moist but not gooey with good chewable texture, not fluff like so many these days. The roll was filled with a delicious and gooey cinnamon/sugar/butter filling and covered with a light sugar glaze with a hint of lemon. The only thing I would add is raisins because I love raisins. This roll made me think of something my aunt would have made to feed the hungry ranch hands in Wyoming. it's a good thing I don't live in Grants Pass because I would be back regularly for more and probably gain 10 pounds that I definitely don't need.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh
“Chocolate Truffle is chocolate heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I'd read some reviews--not sure on this site--that the food/coffee wasn't worth the diffident service. When I arrived the place was packed. My order was taken promptly, but it did take awhile to get, and was the wrong drink, but was promptly replaced. Service did seem a bit confused and in need of some organization/training, but this was made up for by the cozy atmosphere, very friendly staff, and a chocolate Truffle (thick pudding) served in a demitasse cup that exceeded expectations of chocolate richness. Wifi available.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Luis Obispo, California
“Good Food, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

On a recent trip I was driving through Grants Pass and hoping to find some place to get a healthy lunch. Through the large windows of the Bluestone Bakery & Coffee Cafe I spotted people eating salads so I stopped there. It was a beautiful day and the place was packed - inside and out. The line moved quickly, though, and the staff was super friendly and helpful. The menu has a good variety of items and you should have no problem at all finding something you like. I ordered the vegan sandwich, which was delicious with Ingelhoffer sweet spicy mustard. A great find!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
southern oregon
“Good Sandwiches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had lunch here with a business acquaintance and really enjoyed the fresh sandwiches. The restaurant is a little busy at peak times but the food is good!

Visited April 2012
Grants Pass, Oregon
“not just coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

i specifically go to Bluestone for their delicious quiches. Love the vegitarian selection they have. save room for dessert too

Visited October 2012