“Superb wines and a great place to visit - one of the best in the area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wooldridge Creek Winery and Vineyard

Ranked #3 of 8 Activities in Grants Pass
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
portland
11 attraction reviews
“Superb wines and a great place to visit - one of the best in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Nice setting tucked away in the hills between Jacksonville and Grants Pass in southern Oregon. Excellent range of wines. The Viogner was very good, lacking the cloying quality possessed by some. They also had a very interesting Viogner/Chardonnay blend that was very rich and also capable of aging. All the reds tasted were good, but the Syrah and Malbec were particularly so - but both would get even better with 2-3 years more in the bottle. The 2005 reserve Port was one of the best I've tasted not from Portugal. The staff were very pleasant and knowledgable, especially the co-owner Greg, who spent time with us explaining more about the wines and the winery. Outside has both an open as we'll as a covered seating area, and we were welcome to consume out own picnic whilst sharing a bottle of Viogner. Some tastings were complementary, and a broader flight was $5, waived with a purchase. Visit with a wine club member if you can since the discounts are very good. http://www.wcwinery.com/

Visited June 2012

Glendale, AZ
4 attraction reviews
“Best Wine and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a hidden gem in the outskirts of grants pass. I went out a with three girlfriends here, and we just could not get enough, there wine was the best I have had, and we went to 6 different winerys that day. Also, the had the best seating area, along with the wonderful hostess who knew everything about their winery, and wine. I just love it, and I will be back just to buy there wine!

Visited April 2012
Portland, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“Worth a Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

If you visit the wineries in the Applegate Valley (I recommend it), then Wooldridge Creek should be included: cozy tasting room, nice outdoors, beautiful view, and great wines.

What I loved most about this winery was the personable hospitality. When we visited (late March), the tasting room was quite busy. Even though, the wine maker and owners took time to chat with us, friendly asked us for patience, and made sure we got to taste all wines (we double-tasted a wine in the confusion, and the owner laughed at that and poured us all a good extra tasting). The wine maker even gave us a tour of their barrel room. When we left I forgot one of the wines we purchased. I called later that day and asked if they found a lone bottle of Gewürztraminer on their patio. Yes, they did, and they are safe-keeping it for me to come by and pick it up. Which I did the next day (nothing better than an excuse to go back to Applegate Valley for more wine tasting). The staff recognized me right away and handed me my bottle! I felt like I was among friends.

The winery had a smaller complimentary tasting, and a larger selection to test for a fee, which was then rolled into the wine purchase (tasting fees are common for Applegate valley wineries). The wines themselves ranged between $15 to $30, which is an affordable range to me.

Applegate is a beautiful region; I recommend visiting when the weather is nice. Many wineries (including Wooldridge) provide lovely outdoor spaces to enjoy your wine.

Honorable mention: this winery produces a port, that is more expensive (I remember $50), but it is simply wonderful! It is worth the splurge.

Visited March 2012