“Home Away From Home For Us” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SAVE 10-25%!
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Grants Pass
Austin, Texas
“Home Away From Home For Us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My family and I have been staying at the Riverside Inn pretty frequently over the past year to visit our mother who lives in Grants Pass and has been ill. My husband, daughter, and I travel out from Austin TX, my brother and his family from San Francisco CA, and my sister and her family from the Roseburg OR area. We've stayed a combined total of probably a month or more here between us and would definitely not want to stay anywhere else.

Holly and her staff have been extremely courteous, understanding, and thoughtful with our last-minute reservations and room changes and have really helped make a difficult time for us a little easier, more comfortable, and relaxing. They run a great operation and everyone there is friendly.

The Inn is a very clean, comfortable and quiet sanctuary for us, where the sound of the Rogue River is the loudest thing you'll hear. The property is very well-kept, beds super comfy, nice tv's and balconies, the bathrooms clean and well-stocked with toiletries, the entire staff super friendly, and we really enjoy our breakfast waffles in the cozy little nest every morning. Last summer we enjoyed evening swims in the pool, too.

I don't think you can find a better property in terms of location, views, and quality plus a great rate here in Grants Pass. Access to the Rogue River is right behind the hotel, there's a great view from every room of the Caveman Bridge, you have 60 second access to the jet boat dock and the Taprock Restaurant which is right across the street - really great food and drink in a beautiful riverside setting. Staying here always feels like a relaxing vacation, even when it's not.

Thank you, Holly and staff, from our entire family. Pretty sure you know who we are. :)

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have the best views. Ask for the fireplace room for an extra treat during cold wea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RiversideInn, General Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Let me offer my sincere thanks and gratitude for your kind words. You and your entire family have been a joy to have staying with us and we’re always happy to see your name on our list of arrivals! I look forward to seeing all of you again soon.

Warm regards,

Riverside Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I don't even write Tripadvisor reviews, but thought the Riverside Inn deserved one. First off, you're staying in Grants Pass - this isn't San Francisco or Portland, so don't expect a Ritz Carlton. That being said, why stay at a chain when there is this quaint place right on the river? They put a lot of effort into making this place nice. I highly recommend a third floor room (that's what I had) because it's very quiet. River views are great and the balcony is very enjoyable. Everyone was polite and nice on check in and check out. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for leaving a review, all of us here at Riverside Inn love to read them when they come through. We’re glad you enjoyed your time here. Hopefully you can come back soon and see our rooms when the renovations to them, which we started last week, are complete!

Again, from all of us at Riverside Inn, thank you.

Yreka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and absolutely love it. I love sitting outside in the evening watching the river and having a cup of tea. Its the best way to relax. The staff here is very welcoming and friendly. Timmothy was very organized and was very efficent getting me checked in and at the same time being very polite and funny. I love 'Sir', and thats alot considering I am not usually a pet person. Holly was chipper and gave me a really good rate for the room as it was already late into the evening. Highly recommend this place if you want a comfortable place for the night.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the river and are relatively quiet so no matter which room you choose you are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RiversideInn, Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I’m very grateful that you took the time to post your kind words about the staff and hotel. Hearing such words from guests who have stayed several times is great as it lets us know we’re doing well, and doing so consistently! I appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Until then, take care,

Deming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stay in Grant's Pass quite often on our trecks up and down I-5 between Wastington State and California. But are tired of the same old off-freeway chains and unimaginative eateries along the highway, which skirts the city itself. So, the last couple of trips we ventured downtown to the Riverside Inn based on Tripadvior reviews. For us, this was a good move. We enjoyed the riverside location, the spacious room with a balcony perched over the river, the soft bed, well laid-out bathroom and comfortable seating and table area, The reception staff are friendly and attentive, offering fresh-made popcorn at 6pm. The lady who runs housekeeping remembers guests from previous stays. The only downside is that breakfast is minimal for a resort that is quite pricey, at least in the summer high season, consisting of yogurt, bagels, instant oatmeal and cereals, along with the ubiquitous waffle mix. Otherwise, we had an enjoyable and restful stay, and a pleasant meal at the waterfront restaurant on the other side of the bridge, which is connected by a little walking trail. There is also a little coffee shop in the adjoining complex which offers good sandwiches and coffee to go for your next day's travel.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies on the Rogue River
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
What a fantastic review, thank you so much! I’m pleased to hear that you were happy to have found us, enjoyed your room, and also the popcorn offered in the evenings. Thank you for your comments about the staff as well. Everyone here tries to go above and beyond to make people feel welcome, whether it’s their first stay or their fourth. Hopefully your travels bring you back to the area soon.

Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

During a recent snow storm in Grants Pass we lost our power and water for a couple of days. We made it though the first night, but chose to stay at The Riverside Inn on December 21st because it was too cold at home. The in-laws had a room on the first floor. They still didn't feel warm enough after spending the day in their cold house. Vee from the front desk showed them how to turn the heat up and brought them a space heater for added warmth. They were quite comfortable in their room. My husband and I stayed in a deluxe room on the 3rd floor. The bed was exceptional with lovely, soft bedding. The room was cozy and extremely clean (especially the bathroom). It was too cold to enjoy the balcony, but the view out the glass door was still great. We would definitely recommend The Riverside Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy we were able to accommodate you and your family in your time of need. Keep us in mind the next time you have visitors coming to town.

Coos Bay, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Due to the weather we were forced to spend the night at this motel (the highway was closed and we didn't feel like sleeping in our truck)! The motel was almost full, we just took whatever was available. We paid $125 for a deluxe King room. Needless to say, it was far from being deluxe by any standards! The carpet was filthy, the chair/ottoman in the room was dirty and stained. The WiFi was sub-standard. The bathroom was old and outdated. They need a serious renovation to justify the high prices they charge. We both woke up with a back ache, the bed was very uncomfortable. We WON'T EVER stay here again, I'd rather sleep in the truck!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. I really am sorry that your stay was sub-par, especially considering most other’s experiences. This time of year, we don’t expect to be full, so we have many of our rooms out of order. We will usually pick rooms that we need to do winter maintenance on due to the busy season’s wear and tear as the rooms to be put out of order first. The night you stayed, we were getting far more last minute reservations and walk-ins than we anticipated. We chose to put rooms back online, and were selling them within minutes of them being available again. We thought this was a far better option that leaving people stranded when we knew the town was filling up fast. I remember taking your reservation in particular, and remember the desperation in your voice. I would have felt awful if I had told you that you had to sleep in the truck with your dog, even if I normally cannot accept dogs into Deluxe rooms.

I think what happened this evening was we were too focused on getting people in and off the roads, and with the unexpected rush we aren't typically staffed to accommodate this time of year, we missed the normal opportunities we take to be sure people are always going into the best available rooms. This was a mistake on our end. I sincerely regret you didn't enjoy your stay, but I really do hope that you’ll see from other reviews, your experience was far from normal. I do hope that next time you’re in Grants Pass and needing a place to stay, you’ll give us another chance. Ask to speak with me directly and I will be certain you get a substantial discount on your next visit.

Holly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just needed a one night stop on the way from Seattle to California. Usually stay at some unimaginative place on the freeway near Roseburg, but decided to try Grants Pass for something different. What a good choice--we'll always stay here again in the future. Nice, little friendly town and the Riverside Inn is perfectly set right on the Rogue River--I think every room overlooks it. We were on the ground floor (easy access for loading/unloading the car.) Rooms we neat and clean, and the included breakfast was pretty good--they actually had good bagels instead of the usual, stale ones you find everywhere else.

Room Tip: There is an elevator, and all have views, so it's tough to go wrong.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and plan on returning. I'm looking forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Riverside Inn

Been to The Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!