“Very comfortable place to stay and relax” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SAVE 10-25%!
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Grants Pass
Yreka, California
“Very comfortable place to stay and relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and absolutely love it. I love sitting outside in the evening watching the river and having a cup of tea. Its the best way to relax. The staff here is very welcoming and friendly. Timmothy was very organized and was very efficent getting me checked in and at the same time being very polite and funny. I love 'Sir', and thats alot considering I am not usually a pet person. Holly was chipper and gave me a really good rate for the room as it was already late into the evening. Highly recommend this place if you want a comfortable place for the night.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the river and are relatively quiet so no matter which room you choose you are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RiversideInn, Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I’m very grateful that you took the time to post your kind words about the staff and hotel. Hearing such words from guests who have stayed several times is great as it lets us know we’re doing well, and doing so consistently! I appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Until then, take care,

Property Manager

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Deming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stay in Grant's Pass quite often on our trecks up and down I-5 between Wastington State and California. But are tired of the same old off-freeway chains and unimaginative eateries along the highway, which skirts the city itself. So, the last couple of trips we ventured downtown to the Riverside Inn based on Tripadvior reviews. For us, this was a good move. We enjoyed the riverside location, the spacious room with a balcony perched over the river, the soft bed, well laid-out bathroom and comfortable seating and table area, The reception staff are friendly and attentive, offering fresh-made popcorn at 6pm. The lady who runs housekeeping remembers guests from previous stays. The only downside is that breakfast is minimal for a resort that is quite pricey, at least in the summer high season, consisting of yogurt, bagels, instant oatmeal and cereals, along with the ubiquitous waffle mix. Otherwise, we had an enjoyable and restful stay, and a pleasant meal at the waterfront restaurant on the other side of the bridge, which is connected by a little walking trail. There is also a little coffee shop in the adjoining complex which offers good sandwiches and coffee to go for your next day's travel.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies on the Rogue River
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
What a fantastic review, thank you so much! I’m pleased to hear that you were happy to have found us, enjoyed your room, and also the popcorn offered in the evenings. Thank you for your comments about the staff as well. Everyone here tries to go above and beyond to make people feel welcome, whether it’s their first stay or their fourth. Hopefully your travels bring you back to the area soon.

Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

During a recent snow storm in Grants Pass we lost our power and water for a couple of days. We made it though the first night, but chose to stay at The Riverside Inn on December 21st because it was too cold at home. The in-laws had a room on the first floor. They still didn't feel warm enough after spending the day in their cold house. Vee from the front desk showed them how to turn the heat up and brought them a space heater for added warmth. They were quite comfortable in their room. My husband and I stayed in a deluxe room on the 3rd floor. The bed was exceptional with lovely, soft bedding. The room was cozy and extremely clean (especially the bathroom). It was too cold to enjoy the balcony, but the view out the glass door was still great. We would definitely recommend The Riverside Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy we were able to accommodate you and your family in your time of need. Keep us in mind the next time you have visitors coming to town.

Coos Bay, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Due to the weather we were forced to spend the night at this motel (the highway was closed and we didn't feel like sleeping in our truck)! The motel was almost full, we just took whatever was available. We paid $125 for a deluxe King room. Needless to say, it was far from being deluxe by any standards! The carpet was filthy, the chair/ottoman in the room was dirty and stained. The WiFi was sub-standard. The bathroom was old and outdated. They need a serious renovation to justify the high prices they charge. We both woke up with a back ache, the bed was very uncomfortable. We WON'T EVER stay here again, I'd rather sleep in the truck!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. I really am sorry that your stay was sub-par, especially considering most other’s experiences. This time of year, we don’t expect to be full, so we have many of our rooms out of order. We will usually pick rooms that we need to do winter maintenance on due to the busy season’s wear and tear as the rooms to be put out of order first. The night you stayed, we were getting far more last minute reservations and walk-ins than we anticipated. We chose to put rooms back online, and were selling them within minutes of them being available again. We thought this was a far better option that leaving people stranded when we knew the town was filling up fast. I remember taking your reservation in particular, and remember the desperation in your voice. I would have felt awful if I had told you that you had to sleep in the truck with your dog, even if I normally cannot accept dogs into Deluxe rooms.

I think what happened this evening was we were too focused on getting people in and off the roads, and with the unexpected rush we aren't typically staffed to accommodate this time of year, we missed the normal opportunities we take to be sure people are always going into the best available rooms. This was a mistake on our end. I sincerely regret you didn't enjoy your stay, but I really do hope that you’ll see from other reviews, your experience was far from normal. I do hope that next time you’re in Grants Pass and needing a place to stay, you’ll give us another chance. Ask to speak with me directly and I will be certain you get a substantial discount on your next visit.

Holly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just needed a one night stop on the way from Seattle to California. Usually stay at some unimaginative place on the freeway near Roseburg, but decided to try Grants Pass for something different. What a good choice--we'll always stay here again in the future. Nice, little friendly town and the Riverside Inn is perfectly set right on the Rogue River--I think every room overlooks it. We were on the ground floor (easy access for loading/unloading the car.) Rooms we neat and clean, and the included breakfast was pretty good--they actually had good bagels instead of the usual, stale ones you find everywhere else.

Room Tip: There is an elevator, and all have views, so it's tough to go wrong.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and plan on returning. I'm looking forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We traveled from Portland for the Horse Auction they were having in Grants Pass. We got lost and after calling the Riverside Inn, Vee was very helpful in getting us turned back around to find our way. Very informative and nice young lady. The rooms are a little dated but were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and the breakfast girl was friendly. Checking out was Easy also. I will be returning to Grants Pass in the near future and Riverside Inn is my choice in place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for also taking the time to mention Vee's help, I always enjoy feedback on the staff. I shared your comments with her and she thanks you as well. We hope to have you stay again soon!

Southern oregon coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

A great place, the room was clean and spacious overlooking the river. Those at the front desk were very helpful, and breakfast was better than your standard included continental- just wish i had longer too stay and enjoy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! Hopefully the next time you come to Grants Pass you will have more time to enjoy the hotel and it's view of the river! Give us a call when you're headed back and we'll save a room for you!

Riverside Inn

Been to The Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!