“If this was a "deluxe" room, I shudder to think what a "standard" room looked like!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Riverside Inn

SAVE 10-25%!
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Grants Pass
Coos Bay, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Due to the weather we were forced to spend the night at this motel (the highway was closed and we didn't feel like sleeping in our truck)! The motel was almost full, we just took whatever was available. We paid $125 for a deluxe King room. Needless to say, it was far from being deluxe by any standards! The carpet was filthy, the chair/ottoman in the room was dirty and stained. The WiFi was sub-standard. The bathroom was old and outdated. They need a serious renovation to justify the high prices they charge. We both woke up with a back ache, the bed was very uncomfortable. We WON'T EVER stay here again, I'd rather sleep in the truck!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. I really am sorry that your stay was sub-par, especially considering most other’s experiences. This time of year, we don’t expect to be full, so we have many of our rooms out of order. We will usually pick rooms that we need to do winter maintenance on due to the busy season’s wear and tear as the rooms to be put out of order first. The night you stayed, we were getting far more last minute reservations and walk-ins than we anticipated. We chose to put rooms back online, and were selling them within minutes of them being available again. We thought this was a far better option that leaving people stranded when we knew the town was filling up fast. I remember taking your reservation in particular, and remember the desperation in your voice. I would have felt awful if I had told you that you had to sleep in the truck with your dog, even if I normally cannot accept dogs into Deluxe rooms.

I think what happened this evening was we were too focused on getting people in and off the roads, and with the unexpected rush we aren't typically staffed to accommodate this time of year, we missed the normal opportunities we take to be sure people are always going into the best available rooms. This was a mistake on our end. I sincerely regret you didn't enjoy your stay, but I really do hope that you’ll see from other reviews, your experience was far from normal. I do hope that next time you’re in Grants Pass and needing a place to stay, you’ll give us another chance. Ask to speak with me directly and I will be certain you get a substantial discount on your next visit.

Holly

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just needed a one night stop on the way from Seattle to California. Usually stay at some unimaginative place on the freeway near Roseburg, but decided to try Grants Pass for something different. What a good choice--we'll always stay here again in the future. Nice, little friendly town and the Riverside Inn is perfectly set right on the Rogue River--I think every room overlooks it. We were on the ground floor (easy access for loading/unloading the car.) Rooms we neat and clean, and the included breakfast was pretty good--they actually had good bagels instead of the usual, stale ones you find everywhere else.

Room Tip: There is an elevator, and all have views, so it's tough to go wrong.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and plan on returning. I'm looking forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We traveled from Portland for the Horse Auction they were having in Grants Pass. We got lost and after calling the Riverside Inn, Vee was very helpful in getting us turned back around to find our way. Very informative and nice young lady. The rooms are a little dated but were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and the breakfast girl was friendly. Checking out was Easy also. I will be returning to Grants Pass in the near future and Riverside Inn is my choice in place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for also taking the time to mention Vee's help, I always enjoy feedback on the staff. I shared your comments with her and she thanks you as well. We hope to have you stay again soon!

Southern oregon coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

A great place, the room was clean and spacious overlooking the river. Those at the front desk were very helpful, and breakfast was better than your standard included continental- just wish i had longer too stay and enjoy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! Hopefully the next time you come to Grants Pass you will have more time to enjoy the hotel and it's view of the river! Give us a call when you're headed back and we'll save a room for you!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Although this place could use a little renovation, we found it to be pleasant, clean and friendly. It is a motel-style inn right on the Rogue River, with great access to the downtown area and local businesses. The continental breakfast was good, with great coffee. We were just passing through, but our stay here made us want to come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I broke down in Grants Pass, OR while headed down I-5. The only highlight of the adventure was the wonderful reception at the Riverside Inn. Chelsea was working the front counter that night and she helped me track down transportation in the area, find food and provided popcorn and warm coffee all night. The next day, the reception was equally delightful. The view was great (hence the name of the hotel). Truly would love to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The 'Inn' should actually say 'motel'. The rooms are dated, to state it kindly, and they aren't very clean. Outdoor entrances, basically a motor inn, which couldn't pass as a Holiday Inn.. The front desk lady and her cat sitting in the office are very clear that no pets are allowed... Did I mention the cat in the office?
They have a lot of nerve charging $113 per night. The Lodge 2 blocks away was charging $127, and it was immaculate. Recommend that you spend the extra $14. I would have had I known (travel agent said they weren't any different... Hah!)

• Stayed November 2012
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As you know, I called you within a few hours of your departure, but sadly it was not a good time to talk. Unfortunately, I wasn't here when you checked out this morning so I didn't get the chance to speak with you personally to see what I could do to fix the situation.

I know that the property is certainly not a brand new hotel, and that it does have signs of wear and tear in certain areas. Updating and maintaining our hotel is a constant, on-going project and we strive to do our best to stay on top of it. I’m sorry you weren't happy with your room, and I’m sorry it’s too late to fix that part of your stay.

One of the topics I wanted to ask you about was pet rooms. We do offer them however, we only allow pets in specific rooms in order to guarantee to guests with allergies that they are getting a room which has not been occupied by a pet. If a member of our staff gave you incorrect information regarding our pet policy, I do apologize.

Additionally, I have taken steps to get a packet sent to your travel agent so they can be aware of our sister property, The Lodge at Riverside, and the differences between the two hotels in order to better serve you and other future guests.

The next time you come through Grants Pass, I do hope you’ll give us another chance, or try out The Lodge at Riverside. Please ask to see me if you stay with Riverside Inn again and I’ll be sure your next stay is on us.

Holly Reilly

Been to The Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!