“Grumpy Waitress Award of the Week” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Clinton, Washington
“Grumpy Waitress Award of the Week”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Unfortunately we settled on Della's during an overnight at Grant's Pass. The interior is tired with yukky carpet and Denny's style seating and a noisy diner bar along the entirety of the place. But our waitress was even more tired. She'd crack her face if she smiled. She got our order wrong, practically threw the food at us, left an ugly, tired hot pad on our table and disappeared when we needed coffee and our tab. The food was oh-so-mediocre and I'd certainly never eat there again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Really average.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I tried Dellas based on a friends suggestion. I agree with the other reviews about the carpet (yuck) and the age limitation. I had chicken fried steak with mashed potato and veggies. The steak was large, and just OK. White gravy was very thick, like paste. The veggies were straight out of a can and the mashed were not mashed, just dried potato mixed with water. Since I don't use canned veggies at home, and don't ever make instant potato, I see no reason to pay 2-3 times the cost to get those things at a restaurant. If that's what you want to pay for, go for it. Not me.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Try a little harder, please?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Okay. I must admit, I judge a breakfast restaurant on hashbrowns. Why or why do some use those awful frozen type? Yuck. They absorb the griddle fry (oil) and really ruin the meal. Otherwise the food is pretty good. Sandwiches are excellent. The worst part about Della's? THE CARPET. It smells of a wet dog, wafting up at you from under the table. I know ti takes a LOT to stay profitable, but they should simply install tile flooring. The best part? Fast, friendly service and hard working family ownership. Black Bear really hurt them I expect, but Black Bear isn't perfect by any means. Della's is a great lunch venue :)

Visited December 2012
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Everything was pretty average, however our waitress was very pleasant. The food was average, I was hoping for better. It took along time to get the check after we were done with our meal. Will definitely give them another try.

Visited October 2012
Grants Pass
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Best Prime Rib in town.A very relaxed place to eat,friendly staff and Fridays is the best time for their Prime spical

• Visited December 2012