“Go for the beauty first, food next, service last” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 177 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Go for the beauty first, food next, service last”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The restaurant is one of the most visually stunning locations we've ever been for a meal. We had a warm spring evening out on the deck overlooking the beautiful river. The overall experience was very good and we all enjoyed our food. The difficulty was with the multiple servers concept - different people bringing bits and pieces of our order with seemingly no one having overall responsibility. The result was things coming late, slow responses, and, in my case, a second glass of wine totally missed. When I hesitated about whether I still wanted it when a manager showed up with my wife's shrimp 14 minutes after the rest of her entree', he said "Gee, I can't decide, I can't decide" Ah, no, it's just that you can't figure out your service scheme. Anyway, that aside, it was a fun and memorable place to go. Just don't expect the best service.

• Visited May 2014

Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
“Artistic Decor, Great View, Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our girls night out was filled with oohs & ahhs at the amazing art of the building & gardens. We were seated by the window overlooking the river. Our waitress was great and recommended a wonderful local brew to go with my cod fish & chips. All our orders came out fresh and hot. My fish had a tasty batter, fried crispy and tender inside. The fries were OK. The turkey dinner was a favorite. Everyone agreed Taprock is a great choice for dinner and will come here again. After dinner, linger and stroll throught the lovely little park by the restaurant. It's my turn to choose the next place for dinner, but I will have trouble finding as nice a location.

• Visited May 2014
Ridgefield, Washington
“Gorgeous restaurant with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a great choice for lunch or dinner. I had a salad that was one of the most delicious salads I have ever had. My 3 children were catered to and warmly welcomed and their meals were good sized and delicious. The restaurant is gorgeous and right on the river. We will definitely be back when we are in Grants Pass again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Taprock should have it all...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was very disappointed last night with our meal and service. We have eaten at this restaurant in the past and been very pleased. The food is not the greater problem it's the service!! Clearly the wait staff should have been trained in customer service. Why have the most beautiful setting in Grants Pass and ruin it with terrible service? What a shame. It should be the flagship of our town and yet the experience must include an efficient staff who supports the brand and has pride in their service.

• Visited April 2014
Oregon
“Grants Pass stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had dinner at the bar, wonderful staff. Met another local couple and had a great time visiting and learning about the area.

Visited April 2014