“Good stay but nothing fancy” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Grants Pass
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Good stay but nothing fancy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

We stayed here for 4 nights on a government rate of about $60 per night. The beds are comfortable and the towels soft. Staff very nice and courteous. The place has been remodeled so everything was very clean. The only negatives I could find are the bedspreads which are the generic synthetic floral print (usual in this level of accommodation) and the fact that during the remodel they failed to upgrade the doors. The doors are the ultra cheap hollow core which don't even fit the frame. You can see light coming in from all sides which also lets in all the hallway noise.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel before during the remodel and decided to stay again. What a beautiful hotel this has become. We recommend this hotel to anyone who stays in Grants Pass and we appreciate the hospitality.

Stayed February 2007
Tracy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2006

Shilo Inn in Grants Pass was surprisingly pleasant! I have to admit when I drove up and saw the motel and saw the key (not card key) to open the door, I wasn't expecting much. But from check-in to check-out the stay was exceptionly pleasant especially for the price. I took advantage of Shilo Inn's discounted online rate of $72.95 per night (AAA discount is the same). The room was clean, quiet, and the bed (King) was very comfortable. I stayed for two nights visiting my Grandmother during her 90th birthday and would stay again the next time I am in Grants Pass next September. Save some money and enjoy your comfortable stay at Shilo Inn.

• Liked — Cleaniness. mattress
  • Disliked — old style key
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
White Rock Bc Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

We booked the Shilo Inn, Grants Pass OR, at the same time as booking the Shilo Inn at Tillamook OR. We have made comment about our stay in Tillamook seperately. We paid approx $90 for Grants Pass, which was adequate for our overnight stay. The swimming pool was closed for maintainence whilst we were there, but we were told we could use the YMCA pool for no charge. We didn't bother. We asked for a recommendation for a good restaurant in Town, and were directed to 'The Brewery' which was excellent. The room was OK, nothing special, but clean and the beds comfortable. We didn't try the free continental breakfast. The Shilo Inn was good enough for our overnight stay in Grants Pass. No complaints.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Adequate for our purpose. No complaints.
  • Tips/Secrets — No
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

Stayed at Shiloh Inn in Grant's Pass on June 12 while driving south. The check-in and check-out folks were very courteous and friendly. However, on the afternoon that I checked in, there was a terrible downpour. Later that evening, as I stepped to the window to close the drapes, I noticed that the carpet was sopping wet on the window wall plus the two adjacent walls about 8" out and radiating to a lesser dampness to about 12" - 13". I could not detect where the water was coming. It was obvious that it was not from the window as the casing was dry so I concluded the water had came in at the foundation level or down into the walls. Because it was very late, I decided to report this in the morning.

I did have to think hard and fast about plugging in my camera and phone chargers on those walls! I finally chanced it but it could have been dangerous. I did report the leakage when I checked out. I only hope they took up the carpet (newly renovated) to dry it out and fix where the water was coming in.

M. Topacio

Stayed June 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2005

This is your basic roadside motel in the kind of town most people are just stopping in for the night because they don't want to drive any more that night on their road trip. It's a bit run-down, but serves its purpose. The rooms are spacious, there's plenty of parking, but overall the place is a bit rickety. But the air conditioning was blasting, and that's a big plus on a hot summer day in southern Oregon when the temperatures are over 100F. The biggest plus of the room was free wireless Internet access. There's a complimentary continental breakfast available in the lobby for you to take back to your room, with basics such as cereal, bagels, pastries and coffee. There's not much in the neighbourhood but fast food joints.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2005

The staff here is very friendly and helpful. I was here visiting family and the staff just made me feel very welcome. The rooms are very clean and they look great with the remodel. I will recomend this hotel to everybody I know and I will definately stay again. Thank You for making my time here comfortable.

Been to Shilo Inn Grants Pass? Share your experiences!