“Awesome room and service for the price!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Discovery Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Discovery Inn
You added Discovery Inn to your Saves list
748 SE Seventh Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526 (Formerly Grants Pass Thriftlodge)   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Grants Pass
“Awesome room and service for the price!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Just passing through on our way to Crater Lake. Awesome room and service for the price!!!! Rates are 60% less than others nearby. Very friendly check in gal, and informative!!! Don't let the empty parking lot fool you...hell, it's quiet here :)
Will stay here again next time we pass through Grants Pass!!!

• Stayed May 2013

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here two nights a few days apart and found this place excellent value for money. We had a problem with a noisy person next door to us and on our second night she made sure we were elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012
Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

After driving around grants pass looking for somewhere to stay we decided this place was most central. On pulling in the manager ran from the pool to see to us. She said she wasn't going to sit behind a desk all day...fair enough. She was most helpful and even recommended taprock grill for dinner, a short 5 minute walk away.
Rooms were basic and the air con a little noisy but we only wanted to stay the night on our way through.
A small breakfast was provided but we skipped it as we were told most people head over to the 7/11. Couldn't be that good then.
Central and easy to find on the way in, I'd recommend here for a basic stop at grants pass. Don't expect lots and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Pulled into the Discovery Inn late Saturday afternoon after pounding the pavement hard on my motorcycle all day from Sacramento. Clean room and centrally located in Grants Pass between the two one way main drags.. Looked to be a younger couple who own the place. The guy was painting doors on the rooms. The motel had that homey touch of potted plants and flowers located around the premises. I got a sense of pride of ownership that I don't usually get for $53 a night. The swimming pool was clean and sure felt good after a long hot day on the motorcycle. I had a Italian grinder sandwich at Luigi's which is right next door. Luigi's has been around for many years apparently and the sandwich was wonderful...baked with lots of meat, cheese and veggies. We have stayed at another motel in Grants Pass before but I will stay at Discovery Inn next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

It was under going a face lift when i was there but the staff was great. I have never seen a house keeper work so hard to make our stay comforable. The rooms where very clean. The pool needs to be resurficed but it was clean and well maintained. If I return to the Grants Pass area i will stay at the discovery inn again. Thank you for all your hard work.

Room Tip: Ask for one of there updated rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Florence, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The room was clean and neat. I understand that some of the rooms are being remodeled but mine wasn't one of them but was still comfortable. I had everything I needed and the other guests wern't loud. The lady at the desk was very cordial and friendly, trying to help me be comfortable, checking to be sure I had everything I needed. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: For travelers of modest means, this is great. They offered full cable channels that most motels don...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Grants Pass, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed at the Discovery Inn recently and was greeted by the most energetic and friendly counter gal. I found out she was the NEW Manager and saw, during my stay, that she and her employees never seemed to stop. They were always around cleaning or painting or fixing items. It was a very pleasant experience and am looking forward to seeing what's been done next itme I stay here.

Room Tip: No restaurant or fitness room but the city park is witin walking distance and there is a sandwich sh...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!