“Wonderful beach access and breathtaking views” 5 of 5 stars

Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   29362 Ellensburg Ave. (Hwy 101), Gold Beach, OR 97444   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Gold Beach, Oregon
“Wonderful beach access and breathtaking views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

Our trip began with no particular destination in mind but did decide to take our time on the south Oregon coast. I am so glad we did. The coast from Brookings to Gold Beach is a photographers dream.
We throughly enjoyed our ocean view room and were only slightly disapointed that the Spa was not working.
We will come back.

• Liked — Cleanliness, and great beach access
  • Disliked — Spa was not working
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

My boyfriend and I have visited the Sand And Sea motel many times and found that it great everytime. They have all the amenties of home in a very large room right on the ocean. In all I really liked it. And I will be going again soon.

Stayed May 2006
Woodburn, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

I don't know why nobody else has listed or reviewed this fine motel overlooking a great beach.

My friend and I were booking hotels at the last minute for the Fourth of July weekend, part of a week-long West Coast roadtrip. Pretty much all the average to high-end lodgings were booked by then, except this one at Gold Beach. You can request to reserve rooms at their website at www.sandnseamotel.com or call them up with a toll-free number. At this point in time, I had to phone them. There were only two rooms left, both the same, except the first-floor one was smoking, and the second-floor one was non-smoking. Of course we picked the second-floor one. Even though I called twice to request an e-mailed confirmation of my reservation, I never received one.

When we got there, I was very surprised at the quality of the room. I believe it was housed in a newly built addition to the motel. I knew that it was an ocean-view room containing a king-size bed and a private balcony. I was very happy to also find a coffee maker (for my friend), a microwave, a mini-fridge, a loveseat, an ironing board and an iron, an ice bucket (our previous motel room didn't contain one), a very clean complete bathroom, and all the various supplies and furniture a motel room should contain. We also had free cable television and free local calls. The carpet was as decent and as clean as a motel room by a sandy beach can be. Being on the top-floor gave us a high vaulted ceiling. The private balcony (walls panelled between neighbors) had a great view of the Pacific Ocean. The beach was only a few dozen yards away. The sunset was awesome. In view was an A-frame cabin one could stay in a few feet from the beach.

There were restaurants next door and others that were walkable. We even received 15%-off coupons for two of them. The small spa house contained a couple of exercise equipment, a hot tub, and a bathroom for each gender. Unlike most places, the facility opens very early at 7 a.m. and closes very late at 11 p.m. They also provide continental breakfasts.

All in all, the $109 I paid for a night's stay during the Independence Day weekend was a bargain. I just wished we had arrived sooner than 9 p.m., but our roadtrip kept us from doing so. We tried to extend our check-out time the following day, but was told we couldn't because of limited availability. The woman on the phone had a little bit of an attitude.

But otherwise, I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend the Sand 'n Sea Motel to others.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach

Address: 29362 Ellensburg Ave. (Hwy 101), Gold Beach, OR 97444
Location: United States > Oregon > Oregon Coast > Gold Beach
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach 3.5*
Relax. Explore. Discover while enjoying our #1 Rated Oceanfront Lodging and Vacation Rentals. Pacific Reef Hotel sits on 6 acres overlooking the Pacific Ocean with direct access to the the beach. We offer a wide range of accommodations to fit most needs and budgets. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Pacific Reef Resort - Gold Beach Hotel Gold Beach
Pacific Reef Hotel
Pacific Reef Gold Beach

If you own or manage Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.