“Cool.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Cool.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

During a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway, I stopped in Gold Beach for an oil change. I asked Aaron, the tech at the Chevron across the street, where to get lunch He recommended Mangia Buff.
I was seated in a hallway of what seemed like a minature mall, but it was nice, and there was original artwork on the walls. In fact, I think I sat where the banjo player was playing in the video under the photo link on this site.
I ordered some kind of salad with shrimp on it, and it was pretty good. Unexpectedly, after my salad, I was served a small bowl of ice cream. That was a nice touch.
Oh yeah, there was bread too, and it was also pretty good.
The salad was $7, plus $3 to add the shrimp. The iced tea was $1.
Also, my oil change was completed before I finished my salad, so this review can work for the Chevron as well (though I didn't get any food there.)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Crescent City, California
“Simply Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a very new Italian restaurant in the old elementary school building in Gold Beach, which has been refurbished with lots of local art. The food is delicious; simply prepared with fresh ingredients. The service is prompt and you are made to feel special. Although it is an hour from our home, we gladly make the trip for the whole dining experience.

• Visited March 2013