“Aptly named!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
White Salmon, Washington
“Aptly named!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went with a group of friends and was seated comfortably in a large area. Our server was very sweet - even when she had to tell me the food I had selected wasn't available. I ended up ordering a burger and to my surprise, it was one of the best burgers I've had in a really long time. Their chowder is my Gold Beach favorite, which says a lot because all of these little coast town restaurants offer a pretty big seafood selection and seem to know how to prepare it!

As a side note - this is where I first tried beer from the new brewery in Gold Beach. Arch Rock Brewing has GREAT beer, can't wait for them to keep expanding!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Visalia, CA
“Don't go hungry!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went on Tuesday PM at 2:30 and tables weren't cleared, they told us a 10 minute wait and then ignored us while we stood awkwardly in the entryway. There are no seats to wait in. We watched helplessly as staff just stood around and chatted instead of clearing tables and seating customers. After 15 minutes and no further contact from the chatting staff, we walked out. Others followed us as well in disgust. Try the Port Hole Cafe and be happy!

Visited June 2013
Missoula, Montana
“great food, great service, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped in for a mid-afternoon meal. Had the best dungeness crabcakes I've come across, excellent chowder, juicy burger, great fries. Service was quick, food arrived fast. Price very reasonable for all you get!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carlsbad, California
“The spoon doesn't quite stand up, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

HAD to eat here after all the great reviews. Everything we had was very good, including the clam chowder. And it was thick - probably the most dense and clam- filled I've ever had. My wife had the fish and chips and LOVED them - and she's a fish and chips aficionado. I had the Coquille St. Jacques and it was very good. After many of the places we've been eating on this trip, the prices here were quite reasonable. Of note, also, was the staff: very personable, and Dane, our server, was hilarious! A great stop.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, nice atmosphere, but not very good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Food here was AMAZING and the seafood was mostly local! Our server was a little slow and nonattentive, but the food and local beer on tap made the experience worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere