“Very nice, but a bit expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 attractions in Gold Beach
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: One of the most unique tourist attractions on the Oregon Coast, the Prehistoric Gardens is great for young and old alike. Just 17 miles north of Gold Beach lies an untouched prehistoric garden complete with 23 life size dinosaurs set among a lush 300 year old Oregon rainforest. The self-guided tour allows you to casually stroll along the path and discover what the Earth was like millions of years ago. Family owned and operated since 1955, this eco-friendly attraction is a must see! Pet-Friendly! Dogs are allowed to take the tour for FREE as long as they are on a leash.
Gold Beach, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“Very nice, but a bit expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have driven by this place hundreds of times and have read some good reviews. So we decided to give it a try. We took three of our grand sons, 5, 6,and 7 years old. I think they were too young to truely appreciate it. My wife and I felt we had pretty much wasted the $44 it cost us to get in. We were through in less than a half hour.
I think it would be a good experience for kids who can read well and are interested in dinosaurs. The statues were very well made and there is plenty of information about each. The walk is as beautiful as any you will find in Oregon.

Visited June 2012

12 attraction reviews
“Over Priced for what it is”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Cheesey can be fun but not when it's $10 a person to go in. It took less than 30 minutes to walk round. It's some large concrete Dino's in the woods. No roars no moving. Not what the modern kid is looking for.

Visited June 2012
Nampa, Idaho
3 attraction reviews
“Thought it looked cheesy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

This seemed like something like you might want to take the kids to. I don't have kids so passed it by many times. This time my friend and I stopped and we were not disappointed. The creatures are a bit cheesy but it is a beautiful walk. If you have been thinking about stopping but, think it is just to weird. Stop and take a nice walk through some of the most wonderful foliage you will ever see.

Visited June 2011
Crescent City, CA
27 attraction reviews
“Fun place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Don't expect high tech or realism but a nice rainforest setting. Grand kids always enjoy a visit and I enjoy their excitement. We make a day trip of it and visit Gold Beach as well.

Visited November 2011
North Bend, Oregon
“Visited with my wife..awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My wife and I visited Curry County from Bend, Or from our honeymoon. Very beautiful place. Lots of very cool flowers. Definitley worth going to

Visited April 2012