“We love Oregon” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Gold Beach B&B and Inns
Hamilton, Montana
“We love Oregon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

The Inn of the Beachcomber was great, we so enjoyed being close to the Ocean, and having the ability to build bonfires on the beach with drift wood. Our teens loved it! The room was really comfortable and we had a great time.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
White City, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

Every so I often i just need a little get away. Well, in July of 2007, I needed just that. A "get away." So I headed down HWY 101, with no plan or schedule. When I ended up in Gold Beach (my favorite Oregon Coast City) I chose to stay at the Inn of The Beachcomber. It seemed most appealing to me. Right away I was very glad on my decision. As soon as I walked in I was greeting with the kindest staff I have ever met in a Motel. They were very friendly & had wonderful ideas of local activities to do during my stay. I was planning on only staying that night & continuing on my trip the next day. Well, I was enjoying myself so much that the next morning & asked if there was a room available for me to stay another night. I even upgraded to a suite. I do enjoy spoiling myself & my new favorite place to do that is the Inn of The Beachcomber.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
Bay Area, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

This hotel sits right on the coast in Gold Beach OR, and welcomes pets. We stayed one night (had planned to stay 2) late in December '09. Our mini schnauzer traveled with us and really enjoyed being able to step right out the sliding glass door to the grass and beach beyond. A breakfast of a nice assortment of food--English muffins, sausage gravy, yogurt, fruit salad, coffee etc--accompanies your stay.

Unfortunately the room we stayed in (and I'm sure the other rooms too) were in dire need of having a good clean. I have allergies and the dust was not only visible but very irritating. The room was also damp and there was black mold growing on the overhang just outside our back door. There was also a visible mess of fingerprints all over the door of the microwave. Just seeing those fingerprints grossed me out to think what else hadn't been cleaned?

I would only ever stay here again if the rooms had received a full and through cleaning!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
seattle, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

The staff is terrific at this hotel-ultra friendly and motivated to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I can honestly say I have never slept in a more comfortable bed in my entire life! There was a mountain of pillows on what felt like a feather bed and the sheets were crisp and welcoming after a long day of driving.
You would never know this hotel allows pets--there are a select number of rooms for pet families and the rooms are very clean, odor free and the room we were in had a large deck with a sliding door and an incredible view of the ocean. The dogs had a great time watching the deer roaming around in the morning while we drank our coffee.
Then enjoyed a terrific complimentary breakfast--actually took ours"to go" down to the beach--of eggs, biscuits (sausage & gravy if you want it!) , cereal, muffins and pretty much anything you could ask for! And "on the house"! Not your typical continental muffin and fruit breakfast which was a nice surprise.
The hotel also offers a complete variety of wines in the lobby area to save the weary traveler the trouble.
Really made our trip stress-free.
We live in Seattle which is home to great seafood and were almost stunned to find Gold Beach has a wonderful restaurant serving truly excellent seafood along with a variety of other fare sure to please anyone and a casual but classy and pleasant atmosphere. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and watched the sunset from our cozy table. Of course I can't remember the name of the place! But ask anyone in town or look for the place with all the cars). Try the almond encrusted halibut if it's in season--really delicious.
Thanks to the Inn of the Beachcomber for making our trip so enjoyable. We stayed there on our way down the coast and again on the way back up--even though we weren't originally planning on stopping in Gold Beach on our return--and will stay there anytime we possibly can.

• Stayed June 2009
Walnut, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Inn of the Beachcomber in Golds Beach. It is conveniently located on the southern end of Golds Beach just steps to the beach and minutes to the Rogue River. I will list the good, the bad and the ugly of this establishment.
The bad and ugly: (a) Overall the hotel needs general maintenance. The outside needs a new coat of paint and the rooms, although they were recently remodeled, suffered from paint knicks on the walls, stained carpet, slow draining sinks and for one customer, a leaky toilet. (b) it is a little bit of a walk to the beach and I highly recommend wearing pants and shoes when you go there. The beach is very rocky (good for collecting) and you must walk a long grass path that pricks your skin. I saw a brown film on the water - don't know what that was and did not ask (c) There lacks any proper ventilation in the bathroom - need I say more??? (d) it is located next door to a mobile home park (e) Housekeeping really only fixes the bed, empties the trash and stocks the room. Don't look for a daily vacuum or bathrooom scrub - you probably won't get it. (f) While the property has a pool and hot tub, it looked like it needed to be cleaned big time - did not go near it. The Good: (a) Nice location within minutes to the Rogue River, restaurants and the jets (b) Awesome breakfast - Not your typical continental but Fresh cooked eggs, waffles that you cook in a waffle iron, biscuits/gravy, fresh fruit and an assortment of muffins/danishes, cereals and yogurt (c) They allow you to borrow up to 2 free DVD's (d) The rooms are a good size - we stayed in a jacuzzi room on the 1st floor and you have a lovely view of the ocean (e) This room in particular had a microwave and fridge! (f) The beds here are the best!
Overall, we had a nice time and would recommend this establment to others - It's nothing fancy, but surely provides the comforts of home and then some!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

After a horrid experience next door at the Gold Beach Resort we came over here and had a wonderful experience. This was actually our second stay and would absolutely come again. The jacuzzi suites are slightly small and the view is not perfect because there is actually another building before the beach starts. Also the balconies on the first story are actually visible from the lower level as well. That, however, is my only complaint about the entire place. The upstairs room where we stayed this time was spacious with a private balcony, amazing oceanfront view, fireplace and all new furniture. The beds are extremely plush and also brand new and the only noise was the sound of waves crashing on the beach. I highly recommend this place for the beautiful rooms, amazing staff, large heated pool, oceanfront location, and comparatively great price.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Napa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

We arrived late and even though the lobby was busy we were greeted warmly and were able to be in an ocean view room within 15mins. The prices were really reasonable for the services.
The room was welcoming, the high bed was one of the best in a motel we have ever slept in. The balcony with the ocean view was appreciated because it was partitioned from the other guests which served as a windbreak as well as privacy .
The full breakfast in the morning was also appreciated and the young man who worked there was really helpful.
There is access to walking on Gold Beach and I would highly recommend that guests take the time as it is worth the effort to become beachcombers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn of the Beachcomber? Share your experiences!