“Why Aren't You Here?” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Eugene, Oregon
“Why Aren't You Here?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

tl;dr: If you happen to find yourself within driving distance of Gold Beach and would like to eat some of the best food on the coast, eat at Anna's-by-the-Sea. So good.

Wouldn't you like to live in a town with an excellent wine bar with a chef who makes his own cheese? And not just boring cheese - complex tommes, camembert washed with calvados, and truffle brie. The chef also happens to have pours by the glass of cotes-du-rhone blanc to accompany the cheese. The menu looked quite good. I would have very much liked to have had room for all the entrees, but alas. I have faith it will still be there when we go back. Soon.

• Visited January 2013

Brookings, Oregon
“Made with love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just 2 guys cooking and waiting on you in this small casual, but intimate place. Everything is made to order. They even make a wonderful selection of hard cheeses. Awesome Blackberry honey and rosewater lemonade. Take your time and savor every bite. This place is not on the main highway and visited mainly by locals.

Visited February 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were in gold beach a few months ago and decided to do dinner at Anna’s. This by far is one of the best places we have ever eaten at (we live in wine country, so we know good local food).
For starters we got the cheese platter (loved)
I got the beef tenderloin and it was to die for! Tasted lightly smoked but then cooked in the oven. I cut it with a butter knife.
Boyfriend got the duck and he loved it!
Everyone eating in the restaurant was chatting with each other about where we are all from and just having a good time eating amazing food, drinking wine and really enjoying it!
We enjoyed the atmosphere and the two gentlemen working so much we made a reservation for the next night.

We returned the next night with even more high hopes from the night before and we were not disappointed! All of the same couples were there again!
This time we started with the caprese salad and the tomato soup both sooo good. I bought the olive oil they used on the caprese (it was unlike any I have had I need to take it home with me)!
I order the duck and was not let down at all boyfriend ordered the blackened cod and he loved it.
Each night came out to around $60 with wine and beer. Literally you cannot beat it, especially for the quality and the care that goes in to the food.
It has been 5 months since we have been to Anna’s and often we find ourselves saying how much we miss the food and cannot wait to go back!
Thank you for to the two gentlemen who work there for supplying amazing food and great experience!

• Visited August 2012
Gearhart, Oregon
“Wish we could dine here more often”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We love this place but live almost 300 miles away. The food is great and always interesting. We had steak on Mac and cheese which was great and a nice salad (that was a little large in my opinion) for me and good soup for my wife. I had cheese made "in house" and have mixed feelings as the truffled cheese didn't zing me. My wife loved chocolate with apricot, turkish delight and nuts. The is a place where you can count on finding a glass or bottle of excellent French wine, particularly white wines. We had another great one, in this case a Chassagny Montrachet. Service was great on a quiet winter thursday night. admittedly this is a place for slow food priced commensurate with value and it is great food.

Kerby, Oregon
“What an amazing dining experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I went because of the reviews and left incredibly pleased. The atmosphere was quaint and a bit romantic. The cheese platter (which was made fresh on the premises) was incredible. We went on a Friday and were pleased by the rich sounds from Chris and Willow. The food was fresh and excellent in price and flavor. The service was outstanding. We will be back and be recommending it to friends and family. Thank you again for the wonderful evening!