“Not the cheapest, but certainly the best value, in Gold Beach.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ireland's Rustic Lodges

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gold Beach
Ireland's Rustic Lodges
You added Ireland's Rustic Lodges to your Saves list
29330 Ellensburg Road (US 101), Gold Beach, OR 97444   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Eureka, California, USA - North Coast Redwoods
“Not the cheapest, but certainly the best value, in Gold Beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife (handicaped) and I unexpectedly found ourselves in Gold Beach about evening time. So we went to our AAA TourBook (old school, I know) to find a suitable place to spend the night. We cruised the locations of all that were mentioned but found nothing that stood out as being anything extra-ordinary. Disappointed, we remembered that we had once before, years ago, stayed at Ireland's Rustic Lodges, and we really liked the place. So, although not mentioned in the AAA TourBook, we went back to them. I was always taken with the rustic charm of the buildings and outstanding character of the park-like grounds. My wife was not to keen on returning to the rustic 1940's cabins we had stayed at years before, so we instead asked for one of the newer units. We selected (we had six options offered to us) room number 10 - $100 with our AAA discount. Good price I thought, for the (real - live, Wood-burning) Fireplace, out-door balcony over-looking the 3acres or so of well-tended park-like grounds, and the surf-crashing waters of the Pacific Ocean. I had physically reviewed all six of the units offered and found that #10 suited us best, So I returned to the front desk (now next door at the Gold Beach Inn) and made my selection. The word "rustic" does carry some meaning with it, so my expectations were close to reality. I found the room both adequate and charming - but it's location and view was OUTSTANDING. At my earlier "Check-In" time, the Gold Beach Inn desk clerk advised me that I had full use of the extensive grounds and it's Spa - Jucuzzi - Hot Tub area. That sort of thing is not "my cup of tea" so I dismissed it without much thought. But the next morning my wife and I wandered over to see the place up close (I could see much of it from my room's private balcony and was intrigued). Once there I found a truly wonderfull island of tranquillity and peacefull contentment. Lounging in the many deck chairs, strolling the nature trails amongst the extensive flower gardens, listening to the many bird songs, and ofcourse, hearing and viewing the ever-present crashing surf on the Pacific Ocean. We spent two heavenly hours basking in the sun, at this magic place. Our time there was "worth the price of admission" and enhanced significantly the joy we found in staying at this marvelous Inn. If you want to skip the Fireplace and balony, they have many rooms for less than a $100. (Ofcourse, Summer rates are always higher anywhere you go). If you are just looking for a quick place to crash, many of the motels in the area will do. If you want something more - especially flower gardens and a couple of acres of park-like grounds to meander in, spas and jacuzzis - then either Ireland's Rustic Lodges or it's companion next door, the Gold Beach Inn, will be a wonderfull treat that you will enjoy.
- Doug and Lily Vieyra, Eureka, Calif May 1st, 2012

Room Tip: If you want to skip the Fireplace and balony, they have many rooms for less than a $100. (Ofcourse...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed in one of the oceanfront lodges (#21) this week, which was rustic as they described, and with a lovely view in the distance to the ocean. It is about a 5minute walk down the walkways to the beach, which is gorgeous - rugged, raw and serene as you expect of the SW Oregon coastline.

The lodge - also could be called a condo as it is in a building with 2 rooms downstairs and 2 upstairs. There are a few of these nearby on the properly. As many reviews have said, the naming of the lodges is a little deceptive, as ours was called an oceanfront lodge, (but there was a building just in front of us albeit lower so did not block any view) and there is quite a deep set natural grassy overgrown area in front which does block a bit of your view.

We had a room with a kitchen and fireplace, which was actually just lovely. Furnishings were a bit older, but what you would expect in a cabin - a reclining comfy chair, 3 seater couch, and a king bed with fireplace in the main living area, with dining table for 4 in the kitchen, and sink in the entrance as there is not enough space in the bathroom...but that's not big deal. Plenty of wood was stacked and ready for use, and staff offered to bring more if we needed it. The kitchen which had the necessary items to cook dinner and have breakfast - nothing flash but all necessary amenities - microwave, stove, coffee maker and crockery/cutlery etc.

There are several wifi spots throughout the property to ensure most rooms have access. We had problems finding any network at first, but after using the lobby/reception wifi, it seemed to be just fine back in our room.

I concur with other reviews, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and thankful for our visit to their accommodation.

The owners also own the Gold Beach Inn just next door, which is where you check in. Easy enough, and convenient. This place has cheaper motel style rooms on the same property with beach access, if that is what you are after. A basic breakfast is included for both - french toast, cereal, juice, coffee, etc.

There seems to be some sort of rivalry between nearby competition, but I don't think that is anything we as customers should get involved with. Read the reviews, and if you like a bit of natural environment with reasonably clean but basic facilities, then you will enjoy this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Irelad's Rustic Lodges in th beginning of May. Staff was very friendly at check-in. Our room was on the 2nd floor with a direct ocean view, which was beautiful. The room is older and very clean and comfortable. The room had TV, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The fireace was very nice as the day was rainy and cool. The hotel grounds are beautiful and natural. Ireland's has been able to resist land devopement to keep their grounds representative of the Oregon coast. The rustic appearance of our room fits right in with the surroundings. There are 2 oceanfront hot tubs that are in a very natural setting.Breakfast in the morning offers many options. I wish I could have stayed longer. Also, I would highly recommend the Barnacle Bistro.

• Stayed May 2012
Bella Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We just came back from our third visit to Ireland's Rustic Lodges ( a total of 8 days and nights ). We love this place because the quaint lodgings offer peace and quiet; and are very comfortable. A quick walk and we're at the clean, gorgeous beach that's great for agate hunters. Breakfasts are wonderful. Very filling, not skimpy. Everywhere one walks, there are lovely English gardens and pathways. Hospitality is great. Shawneree and the staff are very professional, friendly and care about their guests concerns. Plus, it's pet friendly !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I took an impromptu trip to gold beach to get away for the weekend. We liked the website that they had put up so we called and made reservations. The woman on the phone was extremely helpful and even went so far as to recommend a different room option that was the same price but was far better for what I was looking for. The check in was fast and before I knew it we were in our room.
Let's just say I felt that I had made a good choice. It was clean, the bed was comfortable and the view was worth a million bucks.
The location was perfect also because we walked to dinner and had a great meal at a nice Restraunt.
I will be sure to go back again. This is one of the best places I have ever stayed in oregon. I highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012
Eureka, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I sincerely don't know where some of the negative reviewers stayed, but it wasn't Ireland's. i suppose if you're expecting the Ritz, you might be disappointed. But everything at Irelands from the staff to the accommodations were comfortable and impressive.

We came on the recommendation of friends and had a great time. Our three night stay became four as we just weren't ready to leave that soon. My wife, daughter and I enjoyed the Ocean View (lower) suite and in a monstrous spring storm, just loved the comfort of the fire and view of the churning ocean view (Who was it that named this the "Pacific" anyway?) We made our way to the hot tub in the rain in the afternoons and evenings and made some new friends in the middle of a storm.

The beach just down the path is spectacular and I'll try and post some of the photos later. Unlike many coastal areas, you can even make a beach fire at night. We didn't because of the rain and the tub were just so relaxing. The staff went out of their way to take really good care of us. The basics: The rooms are clean, well maintained and cozy. The beds are comfortable. The fireplace and well stocked firewood supply was a big bonus. The gardens, paths and landscaping are lovely.

But here's the really cool part that most reviewers haven't mentioned. Throughout the property, people have painted rocks with their names and the dates they visited. An interesting and colorful testimonial with a bit of history and happy stays. We left ours with the hundreds of others. Probably the best tribute was from our 11 year old daughter, who said, "I'll bring my kids here some day and show them our rock."

Ireland's is unique and truly rustic, comfortable and the people (staff and fellow guests) were a delight. It is peaceful and friendly and the rates are more than reasonable.

We'll surely be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Grants Pass, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The cabin /Sequia, was VERY outdated. The bedspread alone made us feel uncomfortable about cleanliness....then the old brown dingy carpet was another reason felt dirty....we build a fire in fireplace, hard to get started, then hard to maintain as the firewood was all wet....then while trying to sleep the smell of smoke all night was hard to breath, especially with asthma....then the mattress-was extremely old and uncomfortable, the pillow had a scent of dryer sheets-very sweet perfume smell.
We were there for only 1 night, as our 2 day stay was to put our daughter's ashes in the ocean...we did accomplish that, but didn't enjoy our "rustic Cabin" stay at ALL.....sorry we even stayed, but we other important details to attend to....my advice, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try another location-NOT THE CABINS.....
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
beachprints, Owner at Ireland's Rustic Lodges, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
This review attacking the hotel is because we upheld our cancellation policy. I, the owner, personally looked at the bedspread, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The carpet is fine, and the bed is quite comfortable and clean. If you look through the reviews on TripAdvisor, there are many people who write how much they love the Sequoia Cabin. We had no complaints of wet wood while they here, and if we did we would have certainly replaced it. Finally, at that time we were having extremely heavy rain with high winds. Our wood guys are young men who deliver the wood on covered push carts, and they were getting absolutely drenched. This customer never told the hotel about any of her complaints. We can't address what we are not told. We would have been very willing to move her to any other room in our two hotels to make her happy. But she did not give us an option because her plans most likely changed.

Been to Ireland's Rustic Lodges? Share your experiences!