“Consistently Good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Palm Springs, California
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been here many times and the food is always good. Sometimes the service is great and other times it is just okay. It just depends on who you get as a server. However, it is consistent and the owner makes sure it is. They now have a wine bar which is nice. We had the parmesan crusted halibut and the special rib eye and both were great. We've had the salmon in the past which was fresh and tasty. It is a "low key...off the beaten track" kind of place but great for just dinner for two or a group of 6 or 8. Whenever in Lincoln City area, it is a must for a great dinner.

Beaverton, Oregon
“Excellent food, handled misunderstanding professionally”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I went for my birthday in July when we were in Lincoln City. We had a reservation which was good because they were almost full, we got seated within three minutes as soon as they cleared a table.

The food choices were great and they had a nice hand written specials board. My wife had a salad and I had the crab cocktail for appetizers, both on the specials board.

Dinner was great, the fresh halibut was very well prepared and a large portion.

When the bill came the crab cocktail was $6 more than on the specials board. I asked the waiter why and he said the price on the board was actually higher, just wasn't written clearly. It was 16 but looked like 10.

I said that wasn't quite fair as the number looked like a fancy 0 rather than a 6 which as clearly a 6 on the next special, never would have ordered a $16 appetizer. Ten is the way upper limit. He immediately agreed and adjusted the bill. Then they rewrote the board.

Overall very pleased with the food and professional way they handled the situation, left a 20% tip to show that.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boise, Idaho
“Great food in a unexpected place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was at this restaurant about 5 to 6 years ago and couldn't find it until I met my family on vacation.
I can't believe how many times I drove past it. It's a very pretty restaurant and wonderful food, great specials and unique flavor's. I've had their lamb and pastas steak there isn't anything on this menu that isn't good. I recommend saving room for dessert, you most certainly don't want to miss that. I would suggest strongly if your in this area, don't pass this restaurant by. They also have a very good wine selection.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, Washington
“Underrated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We've been come back to this restaurant year after year during our annual visits to the Oregon Coast. It's consistently excellent! Great and varied food served by a warm and friendly staff in a homey setting. Their Marionberry cobbler is the best we've found. And it's on a side road off highway 101 (just south of Salishan), so it's more quiet and peaceful than other choices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Hidden gem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on the suggestion of a friend. Diverse menu. Great staff. Nice atmosphere. Perfect little out of the way spot.

• 4 of 5 stars Food