“tucked away treasure” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Eugene, Oregon
“tucked away treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a small place where I imagine locals go. We got the tip from a local person. It is small, and I suggest reservations on the weekend. The food is excellent. The prices are great. Typically when we travel to the central oregon coast we really want a great view at each meal. This part of the coast is beautiful. This place does not offer great views. It is in a neighborhood setting. It's easy to drive by it while searching for it. Also, if you don't want seafood, your choices are extremely limited. For example, the steak is topped with crab. When asked to hold the crab, they did, but without any reduction in price.

Visited October 2012

91% Recommend
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
“Simply Fabulous!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Service, food, atmosphere, etc. You cannot get a better bite in this neck of the woods. My wife and I visited mid-September. Prior to our night out, we did our research and read some poor reviews about service, but decided to give the Cafe a go. We were on vacation, what's the hurry right? In any event, the only disappointment is the comment regarding poor service was complete BS, so my wife and I did not have the hours we had planned on to stare into each others eyes. Pfui!! Once Brooke Price explained the complaints of past (after taking some gentle ribbing from me) it all made sense. Having good friends in the food service industry, we concurred some folks will not be pleased and I say if you are one of them reading this review....there is a McDonald's in Lincoln City. So, stay away and let the rest of us enjoy. Kudos to Brooke and her team. We cannot wait for a return trip!! Sign: Pleased in Corvallis.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jasper, Texas
“A Must Try on the coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The lunches here are as good as any you will find on the oregon coast. Check their specials and if the crab bacon lettuce avocado tomato sandwich on their fresh baked croissant is listed go for it. Good service, attractive decor and great food. They sometimes have live entertainment in Eden Hall( we were lucky to catch a performance by Blame Sally) and is really worthwhile. ENJOY

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gresham, OR
“Wonderful, As Usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Side Door is my most favorite restaurant in the Lincoln City area. The food is consistently great, service is above average, and the atmosphere is funky! There isn't another place exactly like this!
Their menu has unusual entrees and everything is made from scratch. Try the chocolate bread pudding for a treat.

Visited September 2012
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
“great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

we loved the food and the service. Innovative cuisine and good atmosphere. My cousin has been to this beach many times but never tried this restaurant because she thought it was just a cafe! It is so much more. I love a restaurant that you can't decide on what to order because so many of the items on the menu look so good. I had the crab sandwich and the homemade soup and both were exceptional.
I would love to try the dinner menu which I took a look at.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere