“Paradise found” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salishan Spa and Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Salishan Spa and Golf Resort to your Saves list
Salishan Spa and Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   7760 Highway 101 North, PO Box 118, Gleneden Beach, OR 97388   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Gleneden Beach
White Salmon, Washington
“Paradise found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at Salishan resort for the all you can golf package. Fortunately we not only enjoyed the course, but also adored the rest of the resort as well. The property is immaculately maintained and the service is 2nd to none. What I thought might be an overpriced facility was a little bit of paradise.

The room was nicely appointed and the beds were oh so comfortable. We also enjoyed the fact that each room had a refrigerator, microwave, and Kourag coffee maker too. They even had green tea as a selection since I don't do coffee!

The golf was a real highlight for us. That was the main reason we went, and disappointed we were not. Bring plenty of balls with you as many might decide to wander away from the course. It was a great new find for both golfing and comfort. I can't wait until I get another chance to sneak away to this paradise on the Oregon coast!!

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have the best views in my opinion.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for 2 nights at Salishan in celebration of our Anniversary. We checked in at 3:00 got settled in our room and went out for the evening. Upon returning we went to turn on a lamp and the light bulb blew. We ended up having no electrical outlets to use. No way to dry my hair after a shower. They sent someone to our room but unable to do anything. Offered to move us but at 12:30 AM , with wet hair and clothes already unpacked it was not an option. Went to front desk in the AM and explained what happened the night before and asked them to try and have it fixed while we were gone. No apology for the inconvenience ...nothing. No offer of a complimentary drink or a percentage off the room rate. They fixed the breakers while we were out. Our breakfast was included in our package rate and both mornings it was terrible. A waffle that probably was a left -over and fruit in a bowl for it on the side. Absolutely no presentation! My husbands bacon was like a stick of charcoal that sat under a buffet warmer for several days. The bacon would have shattered if you dropped it and the egg would have bounced. We did say something and they immediately replaced it with some greasy pieces. It was obvious it was precooked and undercooked because he brought it right out.If we had to guess we think it was food taken from a buffet earlier in the morning. As a side note the deck on our room was sloping (because of structure issues ),away from the building. The railing was actually pulled away from the building. Overall a very disappointing experience.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pataskala, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our first visit was in 1978 and we fell in love with the place. We vowed we would be back but did not make it (due to the distance, we live in Columbus, OH) back until 2001 and we also went in 2002. Those three visits were in their "regular" rooms (if anything at Salishan is regular.) A year ago, we were planning our 40th wedding anniversary and we immediately decided that we were celebrating it at Salishan. We stayed two nights in the Canyon Suite and one night in the Sunset Suite. The Sunset Suite is unbelieveable. We will be going back.
The staff was very responsive and on top of things and the food in the Sun Room was excellent. I love the golf course but agreed not to play on this trip since it was our anniversary!

Room Tip: If you can, book one with a west looking view. Best views are there. There are also great golf cou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Lodges here were spacious and well equipped if looking tired but the resort bar upstairs was excellent for food with a very knowledgably and cheerful lady who made our evening.

We understood this was a prestegious location and I beilieve it had been but lodges are now letting past reputation down.

Room Tip: Try and get room in main building
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Baker City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed three nights at the lovely Salishan resort and enjoyed every minute. From my mesmerizing view of Siletz Bay to the secluded feeling in the trees, I will do my best to return within the year. I was able to enjoy many of the amenities; such as the exercise room, the pathway to the beach and the putting area. The attic lounge was very comfortable place to hang out with friends-they made a great top shelf margarita. The breakfast at the Sunshine dinng room was very good. The staff was friendly and they know customer service. My room was very nice and I thoroughly enjoyed every night sleep there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I am not the one to typically go for a "resort" & I think golf is lame. I decided to stay here with the medical conference I was attending for conveinience. The discounted room price seemed like a reasonable "normal" price for the type & size of room. The normal price would have been a bit steep if you consider that the spa & golf are NOT included in the price for accommodation. The construction of the buildings & grounds are beautiful, however with lots of foot paths. This is handy because the resort is spread out over both sides of a highway... wait for the walk signal... or just go everywhere in your SUV, maybe. Bathroom was only partially cleaned with hair stuck to shower walls. Probably their Spanish speaking employees are paid poorly... green cards please! How can they stay open?... Sad, frownie-face.

• Stayed June 2013
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights in this most lovely resort. I was last there about 25 years ago, and didn't have a lot of recollection, although it is well known, I'd also heard it had fallen into disrepair. Wow, was that incorrect. We were provided a lovely standard 'king' room, which is a very large room, deck with view, fireplace, kitchenette, large bathroom. The setting is beyond beautiful, with large old growth timber and rain forest surrounding. Beautiful covered walkways and forest to the beach paths. It was so quiet I felt like I was alone in the woods, yet the main lodge and restaurant were just around the corner. Staff is very friendly, professional. The place was top notch and I hope to go back quite soon.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms recently remodeled. Upstairs has best view, if you can climb stairs
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Salishan Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!