“lovely place, but a bit run down” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Salishan Spa and Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Salishan Spa and Golf Resort to your Saves list
Salishan Spa and Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   7760 Highway 101 North, PO Box 118, Gleneden Beach, OR 97388   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Gleneden Beach
Eugene, Oregon
“lovely place, but a bit run down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is one of the more luxurious places we've stayed at this section of the Oregon coast. The golf course is well maintained, but not exactly a draw in the winter. If you enjoy swimming for exercise, the lap pool and adjoining sauna/hot tub area are clean and we didn't see any children in the pool during our three day visit. There is access to a private beach area, and driving out to the end is worth your time. We enjoyed staying in room 330. It is a huge corner room with views in two directions and a balcony. For the price it was surprising that they charge for wi-fi. Our friends stayed at a far less expensive motor lodge place up the road and they had free wi-fi. The ice machine near our room was broken and we saw no move to repair it. The setting is relaxing, and there is great dining nearby, including the Bay House.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

While the units are "older" and have '70s wood work, they have tastefully painted the wood to "modernize" it. The rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable, and have good views. The rooms are updated with granite countertops. The bar at the main lodge has specials every night with a theme. I have not eaten at the more expensive restaurant nor the casual, but in general, while having the resort "conference" meals, they were delicious and well prepared. While my stays have been for business purposes, I would have no reservations about staying here for a relaxing get away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Salishan last night. It is one of her favorite places anywhere to stay. The beds are comfortable, the staff is friendly, and the setting is VERY relaxing. To often we want ot get away and it just becomes work. We always seem to relax at salishan. Maybe it the martini in the bar but whatever it is, we look forward to our next trip back.

Room Tip: We like the 9th fairway. In the words but still bright.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I spent one weekend in Oct 2012 at the Salishan Lodge and our experience was enjoyable up to the day after we checked out. I realized once we arrived home that we forgot a couple of items in a drawer in our room. We immediately called the hotel and spoke with someone in housekeeping that was going to check their lost and found area and the room to locate our items. After waiting for two hours and receiving no call back, I decided to call again. 20 minutes later, I received a phone call saying that they found nothing. I had no doubt in my mind that the items were left behind, but the person on the other line insisted that maybe I should check my luggage again and look for them. At that point, I decided to leave a message with the general manager, Jason Connor, who happens to be the owner's son. The person who transferred me to his voicemail informed me that he never picks up his line and that I should just leave a message. I did express my concern with the fact that someone in his housekeeping staff was dishonest and I am still waiting for a call back. I would have thought that with a reputation so esteemed, the Salishan Lodge would supply patrons with the best customer service and management around and would take any concerns regarding their employees' honesty more seriously.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SalishanResort, General Manager at Salishan Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Tymekeeper,

I must apologize as you know it is a family business you also know that customer service is our number one priority, and I take matters such as this very seriously. I take full accountability but I have no notes of your stay with us, so I must ask of you a favor please contact me at your earliest convenience because it would truly be my pleasure to resolve any issues you experienced during your stay. Once again I must apologize that I got my wires crossed and did not receive your message. Also, I just wanted to include that the reason my phone normally goes to voice mail is due to all of our Executives spending a majority of their time on the floor. However, in order to avoid instances such as these and improve service we have added an Executive Administrator to assure that you will never run into a circumstance such as this again.

We greatly thank you for your time.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Salishan Lodge has beautiful grounds, although not beachfront. The rooms are very nicely appointed with a comfortable bed, a very comfortable sofa and chair and a fireplace. The room I was in was not dated, and it had wireless, so I'm not sure about the other reviewers.

The conference rooms are nice and the food was surprisingly delicious.

Room Tip: Go for second floor room. Lots of noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at Salishan for a recent late summer getaway. The grounds were very pretty, although the rooms are fairly dated. The breakfast at the golf course restaurant was very good and reasonably priced however the same can not be said for breakfast in the sun room in the main bldg of the resort. Food was good, but over priced and watch out for the pitcher of OJ this will cost you 4.00 per glass. They brought this around right after the water so it seemed as though it was included. Also, even with goupon you will be hit with internet and resort fees.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room in the back to aviod road noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
walterville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I were able to stay at the Salishan for two days in August through a Groupon deal. I was pleasantly surprised by the room and the service. I am anal about clean and the room was super satisfactory in that department. We have stayed at places in the past where everything is nickle and dimed and it is so so disappointing. NOT the case for the Salishan. We needed a roll a way. It was complimentary and was brought up while we were out playing the COMPLIMENTARY amazingly fun miniature golf course! I asked for one other thing in the morning and employee had it to our room in no time (for no charge..albeit it should of been complimentary but some places would of charged!). I have felt guilty about not tipping since that day and wish I would of got his name. He delivered it so fast at 7:00 a.m. I think I was not prepared for him! Anyway, our room was quiet, close to thing to do and just plain fun and relaxing! Thank you Salishan crew for our great stay~

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Salishan Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!