“Friendly staff and clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 82nd Drive, Gladstone, OR 97027 (Formerly Oxford Suites Portland - Gladstone)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gladstone
colleyville
“Friendly staff and clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

A typical Holiday Inn Express with clean rooms and free breakfast. The hotel is located next to a Safeway for convenient shopping. Some of the rooms overlook the river and the highway. The breakfast is your typical Holiday Inn style food but it is fresh and they keep the coffee and hot water full. The evening managers reception included two free drinks, snack type food and a surprisingly fresh and tasty salad. Wanda was working the reception and she was friendly and pleasant to work with. When the trains go by you bed will shake like you are in a minor earthquake and that became a somewhat entertaining experience.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

When we checked in the evening staff Dorrie was very pleasant. Shortly after our check in she was placed a phone call to our room asking if everything was to our liking and if we needed anything at all. Location is perfect. Overlooking the river but also taking in a bit of 205 freeway . Safeway shares the neighboring parking lot which makes it very convenient if you need a little something or even Starbucks Coffee. The morning breakfast was pretty good as well. The hostess worked her tail off insuring that Hot Coffee and food was available. Good Sausage and biscuits worked along with some other nice items to choose from. We have stayed in the past when it was the Oxford Suites. Very close to Gladstone where our Son lived. Only negative really is a lot of electrical stuff running in the background at night - heater was just a bit noisy as well, mini fridge kept going on and off. Other than that the property was pretty quit.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors as far away from the Freeway as you can.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

We stayed here while visiting family in Milwaukee, for three nights. We had a nice king suite, with separate queen room. View of the river. Warm pool, hot tub. No sauna as on website though. The pool area needs more chairs too. Great breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and of course their cinnamon rolls. Yummy. Beds were comfortable, would have been nice to have had vents in the bathrooms. We recommend the fifth floor, more privacy and quiet.

Room Tip: 5th floor is top floor, no one stomping above you. Also do not get room 200! Very noisy by the stair...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

I will admit that I was wary when this hotel switched over from the previous one. We have been staying at this location for years and now it was a Holiday Inn? It is still wonderful! The beds are comfortable, the rooms quiet, the food good, and the pool is warm. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly hotel, so if you or a traveling companion have allergies, all you have to do...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, November 24, 2014
The hotel staff and myself are very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel in the past and continue to enjoy it now as a Holiday Inn Express. We have made many changes to improve the guest experience and make your home away from home relaxing for your stay.
I look forward to your next visit to the Portland SE/ Clackamas Area.
Rigby, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

This is an updated property with a great position on the banks of the Clackamas River. I stayed here two nights with family while in the Portland area. The room was clean and comfortable, and I had no problems with the stay - although check-in took longer than it should have while the rooms I had reserved were located in the system. The small balcony looked out over the river, but also the I-205 bridge over the river (which was quite noisy when outside, but quiet in the room) There were also some shabby-looking repairs in the bathroom, but overall a very nice property.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

The only things that would need change is: having either a bigger trash can or at least 1-2 more for the size room I was in. And, having housekeeping at least knock to see if we needed anything like more towels or trash taken. Otherwise, great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2014
Tacoma, Washington, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Since I travel 100 plus nights a year, I rarely stay at a hotel where I have nothing positive to say during my stay. This hotel is an exception and would not ever stay at this hotel even if they paid me. When I make reservations I always ask for a specific room preferably on the top floor away from any highways. This nightmare started upon my arrival on Thursday 10/9/14 in the late afternoon when the apathetic and "ditzy" front desk clerk explained to me that they do not have the type of room available that I had reserved several weeks before but would have to stay at a different room. My suspicion is that they got busy and could get a better rate then I was paying for the same room (bait and switch) which has never happened to me in all my travels.

I was given a room on the first floor which is in the basement next to the swimming pool. When I opened the door to the room I really thought that I was in a cave. The room smelled of mold and rot and their were bugs flying around the lights. I have stayed in a Motel 6 in Eastern Kentucky that was nicer then this room. I called the apathetic front desk person who sent down the maintenance guy (who was the one positive thing about this hotel) who got me another room on the same floor which was better but still was infested with flying bugs. I was too tired to complain again or move so I decided to just bear it for one night.

The breakfast area is very small and the lines long since they have on small serving area where a person has to open a small window to try and grab watery eggs and dried sausage. In short, this is probably the worst place that I have ever spent a night in 20 plus years of travelling.

Lastly, it is clear that maintaining a clean hotel is not important to the management of the hotel. The stairways were not cleaned and the rug was dirty. I cannot believe that Holiday Inn would let this place use their name.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you have no choice. Also, if you do stay here watch out for bugs and wash...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Dear Waltp61,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have sent you a private message with additional information.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Gladstone hotels

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area? Share your experiences!