“great food , view !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
nehalem or
“great food , view !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

A as the view bit dingy , food was outstanding, service great prices high. We had blackened sturgeon, were local from Nehalem , will go back .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pacific NW
“Great view, Good food, Average service, High prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Recently had lunch there on a day trip along Hwy 101. The view of the bay is terrific, and the main reason you'd want to go. All tables seem to have a nice view. For as sparsely crowded as it was we thought the service was a little slow and our server seemed a little worn out or something. The food was surprisingly good and we all filled up on tasty sandwiches, fries, and drinks. We liked it enough to talk about returning for dinner that night....until we took a look at the dinner prices. I guess we could have sold the car and enjoyed dinner there, but there are plenty of other places with food as good for a lot less money. If they're going to keep their dinner prices that high, they might consider updating the decor a bit. Still, for lunch, and for the view, it's worth a visit.

Washington state
“Great Seafood dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

Our hotel in Tilamook suggested Pirate Cove when I asked for a good seafood dinner.
We were there on March 23, a quiet Monday evening.
After talking to our waitress about some selections, my wife had seafood fettuccini(sp),
I had fresh sturgeon(honey bbq).
My wifes fettuccini was piled high with some very tasty seafood, shrimp&prawns, scallops, crab, salmon and halibut, she had more left overs than most resterants serve as a main course.
My sturegon tasted like it was caught right befor we arrived, and the peice of fish was twice the size of most fish portions that I have had at other resteraunts.
We will be stopping at Pirates Cove again .
thanks for a great aniversary dinner
jim and anna

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Oregon
“Over priced for what it is!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

Stopped in for lunch and ordered halibut. I received fish sticks and a few french fries. The fish sticks were undercooked and fries were cold. Since this is a restaurant on the bay, for the price I paid for lunch I expected fresh halibut , hot fries. I will never go their again even though I will be spending the whole month of September in the area. The restaurant is dirty, not well maintained and the staff is not very friendly.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bay City, Oregon
“Not Exactly Excellent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

As locals we've enjoyed our experience at this restaurant many times, but they've really gone downhill in the last couple of months. Yes, the reataurant itself is dingy, but the view makes up for that. However, the view cannot make up for poor service and over-priced, tasteless food.

Our waitress (the owner's daughter) was very slow, leaving several customers waiting to be seated for up to 10-15 minutes. Smiling seemed to be a hardship for her - a "who cares" kind of attitude. She also used an empty table that could have seated paying customers as a drop-off for dirty dishes.

My husband's Crab Louie was fair, but he was picking out wilted lettuce the whole time. I requested no veggies on my Chicken Burger, and apparently "no veggies" means no sauce or seasonings as well. I could have had a better tasting chicken burger at the local DQ.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated experience. We will no longer be patronizing what used to be a favorite of ours.