“Great Find on Oregon Coast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Garibaldi
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Great Find on Oregon Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with some friends of ours recently spent a week on the Oregon coast. The scenery there is amazing but the food leaves a lot to be desired. On our last night we decided to try the Pirate's Cove since we had driven by it several times while driving along the coast. We were very pleasantly surprised! We were seated by a large window and enjoyed the amazing view. Our server was efficient and friendly. The food was very good. Three of us had shrimp and one person ordered the filet. All of our food was fresh, hot and delicious. We wish that we had dined at the Pirate's Cove instead of some of the other places that we ate. The Pirate's Cove was a definite plus to our Oregon coast dining experience.

Visited August 2014

Alameda
“Is RUDEness worth a stunning setting?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I could see how this restaurant might make it in a fairly isolated place on the Oregon coast. One, there aren't that many places nearby, and two, the view from this restaurant is nothing short of stunning.

That said, however, the service we received was sadly, nothing short of uncalled rudeness. Based on that, and of the other horrified reviews, we would much prefer to pack a picnic and enjoy the view at the vista parking lot, just a minute to the south. Surely, that would be a more appetizing experience!

When we arrived at the restaurant, there was no one at the hostess stand, so we were left twiddling our thumbs. In the meantime, while we scuffled and waited for SOMEone to show up, I helped myself to a menu stored inside an open glass cabinet by the door, but I realized that I had picked up the menu for breakfast.

The hostess finally showed up --a good 10 minutes later--and saw me returning the menu. She then proceeded to dish out a nasty glare, and then LOCK the cabinet. (Say, is that menu printed with GOLD?)

I know people have their bad days, but isn't a hostess supposed to serve as a greeter and representative of the restaurant?!

I had my husband ask for a dinner menu (I wanted to see how the snippety hostess would respond to him.) True to our first impression, the hostess had to cop an attitude with him, too.

Disgusted, my husband and I just looked at each, shook our heads and took out family elsewhere, 10 minutes down the road.

Visited August 2014
Salem, Oregon
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have never written a review before and I never have spent this much on a meal either but I want to warn others to not waste your time or money at this restaurant. Although the bay view is beautiful and we had an exceptional waitress serving us, the food was really terrible. My sister had the fettuccine and the sauce was exceptionally sweet making it inedible. I had the prawns that were so overcooked they were like tough rubber and some still had not even been peeled. This is a seafood house that should be able to prepare shrimp correctly! We are not the kind of people who complain or return food but we did tell the waitress honestly of our disappointment with such an expensive meal. The manager, owner, or even a chef did not come out to acknowledge our complaint and that would have gone a long way to curb our bad feelings. We had been told it was very good food and that was NOT our personal experience. Don't waste your money, it is not worth it!

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Salem, OR
“Did not eat here for good reasons”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We walked to this restaurant from town, only to be told they do not serve drinks without buying food and we were not offered to chance to sit down and look at the menu for a snack we could purchase. We did check the menu outside, and since it was our anniversary decided we would come back for dinner. At 7:00 on a Sunday we were very rudely told that they could not serve us as they had a 30 minute wait and they were closing at 8:00. There were at least 6 table empty and clean, and not many people waiting. We are so pleased that we did not drop an exorbitant amount of money at this place. The staff was very unfriendly and the atmosphere is dated and dreary.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful food, worth the $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The view is amazing looking out over the bay; I give it a 10. There are steps in the dining room so handicapped access might be an issue in part of the room but the upper part would be fine. We stayed in the area a week. Breakfast is excellent but HUGE! Homemade jam, wonderful gravy. The seafood scramble was so good I ate too much and still had two more meals at home. Lunch is OK but nothing outstanding but dinner was to die for. The stuffed salmon was the best I have ever had and was told the stuffed Halibut is just as good. Dressings are homemade and delicious. My husband had a steak and loved it. They have seasoned fries that were especially good. Service was an 8 but they were really busy. It isn't cheap, close to $30 for my salmon but worth it. Also great onion rings, calamari, crab cakes and desserts. There is frequently a wait but it was worth waiting. They don't take reservations.

• Visited July 2014