“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Garibaldi
Athens, Georgia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We added a night because of great experience of the first day. Eugene gave us several tips about things to see and places to eat. We look forward to returning to Garibaldi House. I plan on doing some fishing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I loved our 2 night stay at the Garibaldi Inn - especially for its wonderful staff, attention to detail, and fabulous 5:00 pm appetizers. The chef/owner provided yummy appetizers that could easily double as a lite dinner: cioppino, full of fresh fish, garlic bread, and pulled pork sliders with exquisite condiments. Our breakfast offerings were equally delicious. We have already booked our room for another visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I did a one night stay at this property, searching off the internet, during a quick trip to the greater Tillamook area. The property far exceeded our expectations - top notch front desk and kitchen help, great (small) indoor pool and hot tub facilities, very nice morning breakfast, and extremely helpful staff in assisting us map out our day for touring the area. We highly recommend this hotel, if you are in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying a night at the Garibaldi House on a work trip to the region and my only complaint is that I didn't get to stay a second night. The custom beds were the best I'd ever slept in and I've been to every major resort/lodging facility in Oregon at this point. The unique and customized approach the hotel takes makes staying at the hotel feel like a vacation home, with a welcoming staff, warm breakfast, and treats galore at every hour of the day. I would definitely recommend staying at Garibaldi House Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

A vacation destination it isn't. However if you are planning on going crabbing or chartering a fishing trip, this is probably the best place you could stay in Garibaldi. The only reasons I didn't give it a higher rating is because it wasn't as clean as I would have liked (there was visible dirt in the bath tub) and it was poorly insulated for sound. I was on the second floor and could hear every step made by the people staying above me. Also our room was right above an outside smoking area, and the noise from the people talking out there was not even close to muffled, I could hear every word clearly, even over the tv.
On to the good stuff...The bed was one of the nicest beds I have stayed in. Very comfortable. The buffett in the morning is great with a lot of selections. The gentleman who prepares the food was always on top of making sure it was full in addition to checking people out. I'm not sure if he was a part owner or manager, but he was truely fantastic and did an excellent job of the double duty he assigned.
All in all it is a nice place, but I guess I just expected it to be cleaner and more peaceful for the money I spent.

Room Tip: If possible get a room on the third floor on the south side to filter out noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We came for crabbing and sand car fun in Tillamook County. We found high marks for this establishment so we thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointed!

Upon check in, we were greeted with a warm smile from the front desk clerk, but also by the wonderful smell of BBQ. As the complimentary snack waiting for travelers to arrive was very tasty BBQ pulled pork sliders, Tillamook Cheese and sausage from the Tillamook County Smokers. Very delightful way to greeted.

The room was adequate and cozy. Comfortable bed and atypical amenities awaited the guests.
A pool and sauna were available which were very nice to relax in. Parking seemed scarce up front, but there was ample parking in back.

We had been crabbing and got to use their facility for cooking them, when we were done, they brought us newspaper, melted butter, and helped us pull tables together for our feast. They went above and beyond and found an amazing gem on the coast.

The breakfast was WONDERFUL! What a feast! Scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, waffles fresh fruit, and Biscuits & Gravy, between the four of us we tried everything and it was all good! We spoke to the Chef while we indulged in the bountiful breakfast.

If you happen to be in Garibaldi fishing or just sight seeing, be sure you make reservations at the Garibaldi House. It will surprise you to find such a nice place in a recreational fishing town!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My Wife and I spent my Birthday weekend crabbing and antique shopping in Tillamook County and found high marks for this establishment so we though we would give it a try. We were not disappointed!

Upon check in, we were greeted with a warm smile from the front desk cleark, but also by the wonderful smell of BBQ. As the complimentary snack waiting for travellers to arrive was some very tasty BBQ pulled pork sliders and Tillamook Cheese and sausage from Tillamook County Smokers. Very delightful way to greeted!

A pool and sauna were available which appeared very nice to relax in, but we arrived road weary and turned in early. Parking seemed scare up front, but there was ample parking in back.

A breakfast was included and WOW! What a feast! Scrmabled eggs, hash browns, sausage, waffles fresh fruit, and my favorite, Biscuits & Gravy, found its way onto my plate! We spoke to the Chef while we indulged of the bountiful breakfast and checked out by the chef as well, who happens to be to proprietor of this gem of a hotel. Very nice person and very knowledgeable about the area.

Room Tip: The top floor seemed warmer than most. Definitely check in and enjoy the provided snacks that await...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Garibaldi House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!