“Perfect choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Pass Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Klamath
Sun Pass Ranch
You added Sun Pass Ranch to your Saves list
52125 Highway 62, Fort Klamath, OR 97626   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Fort Klamath B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paris, France
“Perfect choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I fell completely in love with this place - it was very hard to leave. I initially chose this place because it was so convenient for visiting Crater Lake national park but I would visit again just to enjoy the beautiful scenery around Fort Klamath and relaxing atmosphere of the ranch. The horse-themed decoration was warm and welcoming and the breakfasts were amazing. Patty cooked something different every day and they were all equally delicious and filling. Five stars all round.

Room Tip: The two rooms upstairs share a bathroom, but don't let this put you off because they also have k...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Perfection, is the word that comes to mind when I think about our four days at Sun Pass Ranch. From the initial contact to our goodbye hugs, Patty had our groups' every need taken care of. We were welcomed with her offer of cold beverages to enjoy as we watched the grazing cows from the back porch. Our rooms, with balcony, and spectacular views of the mountains, river, horses, and cows were appointed with every comfort, including robes. The beds were perfect, pillow top but firm with soft, silky sheets. In the morning we woke to the smell of bacon and coffee - what a treat! Each breakfast was a master piece of supurb breakfast sausages, bacon and the fluffiest pancakes, or a bread pudding extraordinaire. This is cowboy country and the portions attested to it. We were never hungry. Patty went so far as to put out lunch fixings for us to make sandwiches and take other goodies since she knew we wouldn't be near many restaurants. Patty, also has a selection of bug repellent and sunblock for all to use and take with them. Literally, she thinks of everything. At night we relaxed enjoying the peacefulness of the ranch, blazing red sunsets . To top a perfect day off Patty made a bon fire and had all the fixings for s'mores, perfection!
Patty also provided us with kayaks, taking us to perhaps the most relaxing, picturesque river "float" I have been on. This was a very magical day as we kayaked along the sparklingly clear water, looking at groves of wild flowers, cattle grazing and hearing the birds singing.
Patty and Michael have created the ultimate Bed and Breakfast and we look forward to spending time there in the future.

Room Tip: Each room is perfect.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Sun Pass Ranch is the place to stay if you are visiting Crater Lake. My husband and I have not stayed in a B&B for many years........and after spending two nights at the Sun Pass Ranch in Fort Klamath, we wanted to stay longer. The owners of this ranch, Patty and Mike, take pride in their home. This place is very clean and the furnishings are of excellent quality. The beds are very comfortable as other guests were making similar comments. Breakfast is included and they are to die for................ both Mike and Patty are gourmet cooks and their guests reap the benefits of these skills. They do not offer dinner every evening but if they do, join them. Our second night we had dinner at the ranch which was prepared and presented as if we were in an upscale restaurant. Following dinner games were played around the table and wine or beer as well as soft drinks were plentiful. It is one of the highlights of our anniversary trip to the great northwest and if ever in the area, would stay again. Thank you Mike and Patty for a lot of fun and delightful memories.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cowboy Room . If you want a private bath, ask for any of the rooms downstairs. The...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

All the other reviews are spot on. Patty is an amazing host. She goes out of her way to make sure your trip is great by giving lots of advice. The rooms are great, everything is super clean. Breakfast is delicious, she offers sodas/water/beer/wine at no charge, she offered stuff for us to make sandwiches one day for our trip to Crater Lake at no charge, she made special decaf coffee that we brought with us since my parents can't have caffeine, she took my kids bareback riding on her horse, she let the horses craze in the yard one night so my kids could walk around and pet them (we were the only ones there), she set out the ingredients for S'mores one night and lit a bonfire. I could go on and on. She was so kind and patient with my 6 year old that followed her around and asked her a million questions (because she liked Patty so much). My daughter was crying when we were leaving saying, "When are we coming back? Please let's come back!" We loved it and if we didn't live across the country we would visit every year. Oh, and we brought fishing poles and fished in the river that runs right through their pasture.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hospitality...the quality of receiving and treating guests in a warm, friendly and generous way!
Patty is a master of how to run a B&B Ranch! She welcomed us into her home..and for four nights we really felt like "we were at home". A most comfortable/cozy bed with lots of pillows and extra blankets to snuggle into while we drifted off to dreamland/a soft robe to slip into upon awakening along with the aroma of fresh coffee in the air. Breakfast was beyond wonderful..."Fifth Ave French Toast" could be served at Tiffany's, indeed...scrambled eggs with fresh veggies...perfection! Great conversation...Patty gave us the "lay of the land" in helping us plan our day in the magical Crater Lake region. What more could we want? Well...before we departed for our day outing...Patty announces...do you want food for a picnic? Wow oh wow... she provided us with a yummy lunch...fresh turkey/beef/ham/variety of cheese/tomatoes and lettuce for the perfect sandwich.
If you like to go kayaking...you've arrived in paradise, I promise!
Patty not only provided us with the kayaks but she also drove us to the Wood River
headwaters...a gentle, pristine meandering river... breathtakingly bucolic...our moment of Zen!
Returning home after an active day of hiking and photography...we were greeted by her two adorable doggies, Spot and Sadie...two very lucky Jack Russell rascals.
We ended the days relaxing with a beverage on the patio as cattle gently grazed ...with the rim of Crater Lake in the distance.
Great meeting Michael for breakfast one morning...amazing to watch him with his beautiful Quarter Horses!
I could go on and on...but point made, Sun Pass Ranch is a treasure! We had a wonderful/memorable time with our best friends "at home"!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
The Bay Area, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Okay, I'm for once going to keep this short and sweet. Needed a good place in the vicinity of Crater Lake and found The Sun Pass Ranch. Patricia runs an amazing bed and breakfast-IF you like calm, relaxing, easy, comfortable, delicious food, beautiful scenery, and all at an amazing price. Frankly, double the price would be a great price! I must say one more thing, I felt welcome there, and not in a sugary sweet way, it was just "chill" there, and Patricia makes it feel that way. She has it all covered for your time in the area, she is so calm, efficient, and she can cook! Just go, she'll take care of the rest...

Room Tip: All the rooms were good!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Golden Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had spent hours researching vacation rentals near Crater Lake and didn't find anything that fit our budget but was in a central location to everything we wanted to do. Finally I expanded my search to include B&B's and I'm so glad I did. Patty, the owner, makes Sun Pass Ranch feels as comfortable as being at home. The house was very clean and has everything you need - plenty of towels, extra bedding if you get cold, extra pillows, robes, etc. There are horses and cows right on the grounds, plus two adorable dogs, one of which loves to fetch so it can be hours of entertainment for your children.

Because we were traveling from another city and making frequent sightseeing stops, our arrival time changed multiple times but Patty was so accommodating. We took two of the upstairs bedrooms and had a shared bathroom for just ourselves and two teenage children.

I cannot say enough about the mouth-watering breakfasts that Patty makes. Our stay was worth it just for that. Patty works incredibly hard throughout the day to make the perfect breakfast for her guests the next morning. There was always coffee, tea, and juices ready as soon as we got up. You just let her know what time you'll be up between 7 - 8:30A and she'll have breakfast ready at that time. One day she worked the entire day to make cinnamon rolls for us the next day. They were incredible!

Patty also had maps available to read through and suggestions for sightseeing. There's a huge library upstairs with plenty of books to curl up with at night. I was only about half-way through a thriller and Patty was kind enough to let me take it with me so I could finish it.

For dinner I strongly recommend going to El Rodeo, a restaurant that Patty recommended. They have amazing Mexican food and the El Cadillac margarita is about as big as your head for just $7. There do not seem to be many good food choices around the Crater Lake area so we were thrilled to find this restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

Patty even started the fire pit one night so the three different groups of travelers could sit around it. I wanted to address the required two-night stay minimum. Patty shared with us that she felt her guests have a better experience when they have a chance to get to know her and each other. I thought that was a wonderful touch and gives you some insight as to how much thought Patty puts into making your stay feel just like you're at home. I could go on and on about how perfect our stay was, but what are you waiting for, just book it! Thanks Patty!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sun Pass Ranch? Share your experiences!