“long wait, small portions, and very poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Forest Grove
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Our Philosophy, It is Pac's mission to provide our guests with a superior dining experience, offering artistically prepared dishes with only the finest ingredients available, in a way that celebrates the beautiful tastes and culture of Thailand. We see this as Pac's guiding principal and our contribution to those who thankfully support us.
Hillsboro, Oregon
“long wait, small portions, and very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife, sister-in-law, and I had dinner at Pac Thai on a Saturday in April of 2014. I was sending a text message at the same time the waitress was taking our order, which gave me a reference of the time when we ordered our food. We waited 47-minutes to receive our food! No server came by during that 47-minutes to check-in on us. When our food arrived, we received no apology for the wait and we were not offered a discount on our food for the inconvenience. The server just said they had a lot of to-go orders, which is no excuse of completely not accommodating us. They also made a mistake with our order when we finally received the food, so one of plates had to be returned to the chef. My red curry hardly have anything in it. I had to cook a frozen pizza afterwards because I was still hungry.

We have eaten at this restaurant a couple times in the past. In our previous visit, they also made a mistake with our orders. We do not plan on ever going back to this restaurant again.

The food is very small portions for the price. I have been to other Thai restaurants that given larger portions. The noodle is blah - I had better noodle dishes. The curries are good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

portland, oregon
“I really wanted to like this restaurant, but they kept disappointing me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Some people who like generic Thai food probably find Pac Thai to be a good place to eat. I gave it a few tries but then gave up as the food quality drifted up and down to the point where the food was so bad, I just couldn't go back. Sad, too, because the young owners are really trying. But when they ignore feedback and the food continues being bad, I just go elsewhere. (And I've cooked professionally for years so I'm not just trying to be mean here)

The Crab Fried Rice is really good. Rich with crab and egg and rice, the first time we had this dish, we were hooked. Subsequent orders were really oily and heavy. The Pad Thai started out as a nice dish but then arrived in a pool of oil which made it really hard to enjoy given how heavy it was.

Next visit we thought we'd try the broccoli beef. Ugh. The beef was gray and limp as if it was boiled rather than seared. No texture and little flavor. The sauce was bland and not very exciting.

Two take-out orders were wrong, causing me to drive back to correct them. No sign from the staff they they appreciate my business even though I had to come back to resolve their mistakes.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sweet Home, Oregon
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful experience! Wonderful food.... Great service.... And did I mention the food was wonderful!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carlton, Washington
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

On a recent trip to Oregon to visit my son and his wife in their new home, we were scouting out the area for some Asian food as that is a favorite of ours. Tucked into a small space on the main street thru town is an absolute JEM! We had lunch there twice last weekend (March 9 & 10, 2013) and we were very happy with the food. If you want a fast sample, the appetizer combination plate gives you a hint of the fine things to come! The garlic prawns in peanut sauce is one of the best Thai dishes I have ever eaten. Enjoy!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Forest Grove, Oregon
“Love the drunkin' chicken!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service is super fast, the food is always out fast too. I love the drunkin' chicken with flat noodles and basil. Cute little place and very affordable.

I don't like their special tea, that tastes funky.

Visited February 2013