“Lots of fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
salem, OR
“Lots of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I went with my sister and mother as a fun family get together in the summer time and it was a lot of fun!

First we filled out the paper work, then we got to meet the horses, the horse i was suppose to ride had a loose shoe so the staff was very prompt on getting me another one out so that the horse with the loose shoe wouldnt get injured very caring for their animals!

The ride to the beach took about 20 mins, then we were on the beach for about an hour and a half total, the staff was very friendly in explaining things and even let us gallop on the beach with the horses.

When we got back to the stables the staff gave us time to visit with the horses and feed them treats, overall it was a great experience and a lot of fun, well worth the trip and the cost!

Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Nice afternoon ride...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

Went on a short ride. Staff was friendly and took the time to answer questions from people in the group. Made sure everyone understood the rules and were comfortable with their horses. Nice ride through the woods and dunes.

Vancouver Island, BC
“Not a lot of riding on the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

I was disappointed that the website says it's a 2 hour beach ride with only 30 minutes each way of that time being riding through the trails to the beach. It actually ended up being a total of maybe 20 minutes on the beach with 20 minutes spent in the coral where they loaded everyone on and the rest walking down a side road to/from the beach. The horses are your typical riding stable horses and the wranglers spent most of the ride arguing with each other and fighting with their misbehaving horses. The front desk person is rude and assumes nobody knows how to ride even though I told him I'm a certified instructor and own my own horses, he was quite arrogant. I actually contacted the humane society about a horse they sent out with a child on it that had an open bleeding sore under its tail. I pointed it out to an employee before the ride went out and she said it was always like that and it was nothing. The beach was extremely cold and windy so the ride wasn't particularly enjoyable, the wrangler said it was always like that or colder. There are other stables on the oregon coast that I would try before I ever come back.

horseman101, president of the corporation at C & M Stables, responded to this review, July 29, 2008
All rides do not start untill the riders leave the corral. Beach rides always vary with each group on time throught the dunes to the beach based on the riders them self and experance of the riders. We do offer rides for just advanced riders so they may enjoy a horse ride at their skill leveal and in smaller groups. All horses at C&M Satbles are healthy and seen by a vet reguarly. We strive for the best horse experance for all skill levels. We are always happy to answer any questions or concerns before or after a ride.