“Better Chowder Elsewhere” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Florence, Oregon, United States
“Better Chowder Elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

As a local, I believe there is better chowder elsewhere but I'm very picky. Their location is good, overlooking the river, and they give good service. The only time I go here is when we have visitors from out-of-town who have heard so much about Mo's. There are other places that sevre better chowder.

Visited October 2013

Surrey, Canada
“A great place to eat on the Oregon coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were heading south along the Oregon coast and decided to have lunch in Florence. Mo's had been recommended to us as a great place to go for seafood. It was! We each had an oyster burger with bacon. For us it was the perfect choice and the food was excellent. I also had the clam chowder and my wife had the coleslaw with shrimp. We could not have been more pleased with our food. The restaurant is located on the water and we had a window seat. I can't wait to return. If you enjoy seafood, make sure you give this place a trey.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sponge rocks, florida
“Chowin' on the chowder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Liked: The chowder, garlic cheese bread, and the view of the coast. Did not like: super duper slow service. We were famished by the time the food arrived.

Visited February 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“Good food, high prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have been taking my family here for years. We recently went to Mo's and was pleasently suprised by the remodel, however, it is reflected in the prices. If you are dining with your family on a budget, I would go somewhere else.

Visited February 2014
Junction City, Oregon
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

It's beyond me why this place is popular. Clam chowder is really HAM chowder. Fried stuff is doughy and greasy - can't even find the seafood in it. Very noisy, benches are uncomfortable and THREE kids fell off 'em while we were there.... one really sounded like a near-concussion. Really, no chairs with backs?? Walk across the street & two blocks down for a fantastic, fresh seafood chowder at Bridgewater.

• Visited February 2014