“Cute, Charming, Retro Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Park Motel
85034 Highway 101 South, Florence, OR 97439   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Oregon
“Cute, Charming, Retro Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

The rooms here are very charming with real old-time pine paneling and have all the regular amenities, nothing is lacking. It's really cute, clean and comfortable. My husband & I are on a business trip and I chose to stay here because of the retro feel I got from the previous comments. The owners are very nice and friendly - they recommended a terrific place to eat, the Waterfront Depot in old town Florence. The crab crusted halibut was delicious!  I would come again and recommend the Park Motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

our family was traveling the oregon coast...we needed a clean place to sleep. this is clean. wished it had b'fast to start the day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
seasurflady
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

My 92 year old Mom, sister, and I stayed for two nights in one of the cabins and did not have one complaint. We've been on several road trips in the past year and rate this place on top of any other motel across the country. Can't say enough good about it. The owners are like Mom and Pop and are as accomodating as they can be.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Central Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

I stayed here two nights and had no problems. The check-in was pleasant and easy. The room wasn't big, but was adequate for one person. I didn't hear neighbors talking or TV's during the night so they must have been quiet.

I did hear the cleaning people in the morning as they worked on the room next door. One could almost make out the conversation and I'm assuming they weren't shouting. The walls in this place do seem to be quite thin.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

The Park Motel was recommended by cousins who live in Florence. We were looking forward to staying there. Their cabins have a kitchen and separate bedrooms for privacy. Therefore we specifically reserved a two-bedroom cabin for my husband’s mother and us, rather than getting two rooms in the regular lodge. Our two-night cabin reservation for early August was made in mid-June by phoning the motel. The motel doesn’t confirm by e-mail, but we had a written record of what we reserved, when, and with whom I spoke, just in case.

Upon arrival Tuesday 8/5 at 5 p.m. ready to relax after a long day, we were greeted by the host, who informed us she had moved us to a room in the regular lodge, one queen and one twin bed in one room, no kitchen, no cabin, all of us together.

Apparently, the previous day she accepted a reservation for one night for a cabin, and to accommodate this one-night request, our two-night cabin stay had been changed to one room which would have been unacceptable for the three of us if we had known about it ahead of time.

This was a bad situation for us, being stuck, and I had to go outside to cool off. (My mother-in-law -- who at 95 is independent and full of pep -- said in exasperation, “Let’s just go find a bar!”) Fortunately another motel was able to find us two rooms for two nights, barely, and by 6:30 we were resettled in the new place. (It was the Old Town Inn and we liked it fine.)

Now, I’m sympathetic to the pressure put on motel owners to accommodate guests with little notice at the height of the season. They depend on summer tourists. HOWEVER -- and the reason for posting this comment -- the Park Motel host said, “And I won’t charge you for the cancellation.”

We canceled nothing! They exchanged a cabin, with bedroom doors for two sets of mature adults, for a room you would use for two parents and a four-year-old. Sorry, way too casual for us – that’s referring to switcheroos with no communication.

Driving away, we saw their Vacancy sign was already lit.

Stayed August 2008
Ventura CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

I originally stayed there over Labor Day weekend. I arrived late and stayed in room 1A which had a couch. The room was very clean and I had no problems at all during my two night stay.

I loved it so much that I went back again on Sep 23rd and stayed in room 7. Only issue was that I could hear my neighbors talking as it seems like the beds are back to back on the wall. I imagine that's so the sound of the TV won't be an issue.

The rooms were always clean and were equipped with microwaves and a small fridge. Although I brought my own, soap and shampoo was provided as well as extra pillows, blankets, and plenty of towels. The walls were dark knotted wood and had everything you may need including a huge comfy bed and large TV. Another plus is that there are windows in the front and the rear. Something you don't see in modern motels.

The internet issue was a problem. The wireless in the area is Oregonfast which has little to no signal. You can plug into their broadband in the office as they have a little desk area just for that.

A few feet away from the motel is a restaurant that is open in the summer from 7 AM or winter 8 AM till around 2 PM. Ok food and friendly staff.

The motel is just South of Florence between a few large lakes and the river. Everything is a few minutes away from everything else so I don't know what the other person is talking about when they mention a ten minute drive to the dunes.

The owners were very very friendly to me on both visits. I will defiantly return next time I am in Florence.

• Liked — Clean room and grounds
  • Disliked — No wireless internet (but they said they are going to fix that very soon)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver Island, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

We stayed there because when I looked on the map it seemed to back onto the dunes, but unfortunately the dunes are a ten minute drive down the highway. The rooms are small hunter style decor but seem to be nice and clean. We paid $90 which in my opinion is twice what it's worth. We could hear our neighbor's TV and snoring all night and it wasn't particularly loud. The cabins look cute so if we're in that area again we might stay in one of those.

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — Location and price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Park Motel? Share your experiences!