“Relaxation” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
eugene
“Relaxation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very clean and tidy. Great location. One gripe, trying to rest in the afternoon and someone knocks on the door. By the time I got to the door, no one around. 10 minutes later, my phone is ringing. It is the front desk wanting to know why my pet is unattended in the room. My pet was with me in the room. I complained about the interruptions to my peace but that was met by excuses and no true apology. May or may not stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the end as the walls are very thin.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Our family of 4 found out way to Florence, OR on a spontaneous trip to try out the sand dunes. Many hotels were booked- which brought us to this little hide-away about two miles from down town. We were welcomed by a delightful couple and were pleasantly surprised by this great find. It was bright, charming, very clean, and a great value for the money! We chose a cabin instead of the hotel and just loved it! I liked the little vanity off the bathroom which made getting four people ready in the morning easier. Little electric fireplace, flat screan TV, ceiling fans, and full kitchen were little touches that made our stay great. Dog friendly and did I say "clean"! Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Lovely hotel located about 1.5 miles south of Florence. Tucked behind a large restaurant in the pines. My room 7 backed to the pine trees and was very quiet. There is no AC but it was cooler outside and I used the heat in the bath and room. The bath was small but did have modernized electric outlet. THere was plenty of space to use in the room including a dressing/makeup table area. The staff was helpful but could not get the WIFI to work.

Room Tip: No pool, but a lovely sitting area on a grassy lawn with black berry bushes. The back of the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really wish I hadn't booked this motel in advance. It was a disaster. The motel is way out of town on the south side. Our room was a decent size but the bed had a terribly uncomfortable hard mattress. Outside the room was a very noisy ice machine that almost never let up. My wife barely slept the first night as a result of the noise and bed. The manager wouldn't change our room (even though they had an empty one). The room was very cold and the only heating was in the toilet/bathroom. The facilities in the room were poor. The coffee supplied was of the lowest quality - 1 packet only - enough for half a cup. The cups were cheap polystyrene. I used their guest washing machine; it broke down halfway through the cycle. At least the staff let me use one of the motel's washing machine and my clothes were not ruined.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Taylorsville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had to leave the Ocean Breeze because they were booked for the extra day we wanted to spend in Florence. What a find. The Park is tucked back off of 101 in the trees. Quiet, cool, and wonderful rooms. They have cabins for 8, kitchen units with a living room, kitchen, double queen beds, nice/large bathrooms. Owners are wonderful folks and do anything to please. Value is great.

Walk out of your room, across a grass play area right into a good eatery for breakfast or lunch.

Being set back off the highway, this motel is quieter than most. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are large and well appointed and well kept. It's located 1 mile from downtown Florence and within a short drive from most attractions. The Park is truly a great find for lodging on the coast highway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in Room 2 with a kitchen because I needed it for my baby with special diet. We always look for a clean and comfortable place to stay everytime we travel and this place exceeded my expectation. We were skeptical at first because of the price especially for a summer rate but the owners proved me wrong! The room is updated- newer carpet, new pull out couch, new beddings, new little fridge, new kitchen stuff, (and a cast iron skillet too!). The walls are paper thin but not a big deal. The beds were comfortable. They even have extra blankets and pillows and lots of towels. The bedroom needs a small night lamp though.
Very friendly owners and housekeepers. I just didn't like it when they were smoking outside our door one time. Florence is worth 6 hours drive from Seattle!! And i recommend this place! We will try the cabins next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

It was a great little place. Clean and very comfortable and the owners were so kind. We will stay again next time we are in Florence the price was so affordable. We were in room 15 and it had a queen and 2 twins very quit and peaceful night. It had a microwave and fridge also coffee maker.

Room Tip: There is a restaurant next to the motel and the food was great. Also make time to take a ride on the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Motel? Share your experiences!