“East Coast loves West Coast Clam Chowder!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
New Castle, Delaware
“East Coast loves West Coast Clam Chowder!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

It was late and we were hungry. We saw billboard signs for clam chowder, on our way to Florence. We talked to the manager of the hotel and she HIGHLY recommended ICM. So that is where we went for dinner. ALL I can say that it was the BEST clam chowder EVER! Even my husband, who prefers Manhattan Clam chowder, Loved it! We also ordered Popcorn Shrimp, Steak, Lobster, and Specialty salad. The restaurant wasn't busy,because it was a late. The staff was courteous and friendly. They spent time with us answering our questions about Florence. I wish we had an ICM back east.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lincoln City, Oregon
“Great Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visiting Florence from Lincoln City and never miss an opportunity to eat here. Seriously! The food has always been quite excellent as is the attentive service. I had fish & chips for the first time at this establishment and it was more than I could finish. I have also eaten their moth watering hamburgers and the especially delicious calamari. We never pass up on an opportunity to dine here, weather we're just passing through or spending the night or two. The view of the river from a window seat is a must.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corvallis, Oregon
“Mediocre food, terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ended up at ICM by chance - needed a TV to watch our football game and all the other restaurants/bars had either music too loud or their TV's were already claimed by other games. Thus, my husband and I ended up at the bar of ICM. We thought, being a seafood place that we should get seafood. He ordered the fish and chips, which ended up being quite soggy and too lemony. I got the sauteed tilapia which was listed to come with a red pepper cream sauce. My fish was sauteed on the flat-top grill and overcooked so that it was rubbery. The sauce was a basic cram sauce with a few red peppers thrown in at the end. The only highlight of the meal was the crab cakes we got as an appetizer, very good, but for $11, they were very small.

Sitting right at the bar you'd think we'd get good service, but the servers altered between ignoring us or all bombarding us at once about how we were doing.

Definitely will not go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Worst Meal Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

First of all I don't know why I did not have the foresight to check TripAdvisor before entering this place. We had been on the road all day. Checked into our hotel and went out to explore meal possibilities for dinner. The International C Food Market was where we decided to eat. We saw the special menu and thought we’d treat ourselves to a surf and turf meal. There were so few people in the restaurant I thought they had closed for the day. That should have been our first clue. After waiting to be seated for about 5 minutes we were lead to our table. There was a strange chemical smell in the air. We talked about leaving. It dissipated some so we decided to give the place a chance. The waitress endorsed our surf and turf choice. She said she was new and had not yet tried the surf and turf herself. She said several customers had ordered it that day and everyone seemed to like it. We ordered the surf and turf special for $26 bucks a plate. The kids ordered a chicken alfredo dish and the halibut fish and chips dish. Our waitress brought us water but never asked us if we wanted anything else. No one came after that to refill our water glasses even though we had drunk all the water. After a long wait of 20 to 25 minutes (remember, hardly anyone was there) our food was delivered. My daughter would not eat the chicken in her meal as she thought it tasted funny. My son’s halibut was deep fried so long that there was no moisture left in the fish. They were deep fried disks (think hockey puck). The surf and turf was seriously the worst meals we’ve been served . . . ever! The lobster was dry, but edible. The melted butter tasted did not taste like butter. The veggies were not cooked. My wife sent hers back and they were still not cooked when they were returned. I just ignored them. The garlic mashed potatoes tasted as though they came from a box . The steak was the most tasteless piece of meat I have ever had. I tried a couple of bites. The only flavor profile I could get out of it was something akin to liver. We flagged down a waitress and told them how unhappy we were. We asked to speak to a manager. After several minutes our original waitress showed up and said she was the assistant manager. We complained about the quality of the food. She said the best she could do was remove one of our meals from the bill. After a bit of haggling we accepted the offer as we did not feel they were going to give us any more credit despite they horrendous quality of the meal and the overall horrible dining experience. I paid $65 bucks for the worst meal ever. Don’t do as we did. Check out your options on TripAdvisor or another service before you commit. Sufficed to say, we will not be returning to this restaurant –EVER!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
mesa az
“pet friendly waterfront restaurant florence or”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

In the heart of the Florence OR waterfront there's a very dog-friendly
seafood restaurant. Signs are posted everywhere and each table
has a water bowl. The menu is casual seafood, from chowder to
fried fish. It's good, it's very casual, the service is friendly and
efficient and there's the breeze off the water. The much better advertised
Mo's next door didn't allow dogs and recommended ICM.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere